Formal nights?

jimbug

Hi, we will be on Royal Princess for a 7-night Greek Isles cruise in August. It's a Saturday-Saturday cruise, and there is only one sea day (Tuesday). Given those parameters, which two days do you think will be formal? I assumed the sea day would be one, but maybe not...? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are usually the first and last sea day; but in this case, since the second one would have to be Thursday night (they wouldn't have it on Friday, the last night) and they would not have the first one on Tuesday, two days before the second one. my best guess would be Sunday or Monday and Thursday.

Hi, we will be on Royal Princess for a 7-night Greek Isles cruise in August. It's a Saturday-Saturday cruise, and there is only one sea day (Tuesday). Given those parameters, which two days do you think will be formal? I assumed the sea day would be one, but maybe not...? Any ideas?

Does your Travel Summary specify there will be two formal nights? There was a thread here just a couple days ago asking the same question--and when after we all answered assuming two formal nights per seven days, the OP came back and told us his Travel Summary only said one.

(On page 2 of your Travel Summary in the section Itinerary For This Booking the last line should say " Your itinerary includes ## formal nights and ## smart casual nights")

It should be listed in your itinerary. I'm sure the "undress" crowd will chime in.(they ALWAYS do!)It is more enforced in the Mediterranean than many other places. Just bring some clothes that you would expect to wear at a wedding(as a guest)or how you might wear to a nice dinner & a show.

They'll be reasonably spread, probably the sea day and the day you depart earliest.

It should be listed in your itinerary. I'm sure the "undress" crowd will chime in.(they ALWAYS do!)It is more enforced in the Mediterranean than many other places. Just bring some clothes that you would expect to wear at a wedding(as a guest)or how you might wear to a nice dinner & a show.

Oh yes, I've been on many cruises. I'm not concerned about what to wear. Our personalizer specifies two formal nights, but not which two. I ask because we have many late port calls, so I'm trying to arrange tours and such so that we are not out so late in the port that we miss formal activities, as we do enjoy them.

I read on a review from a Med cruise last summer that the formal nights were nights 3 and 6 on a 7 night cruise. Perhaps they will follow suit this summer?

Thank you! That seems to make sense.