18 year olds

torcruise

My niece who is about to turn 18 wants to book a cruise for her and a few friends. I thought I saw that 18 year olds can cruise alone but I can't find any info on the carnival website. Is this true? Can anyone point me to the link?

I "think" you can book on Royal Caribbean at 18, but they may have changed that. I know my brother took his girlfriend on a cruise before they were 21, or at least she wasn't 21 yet.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

Royal Caribbean International's minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21).

The minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

For voyages originating in North America:

No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status required.

Yeah I just ran into this problem with my daughter. She isn't 21 yet but most of her friends that want to cruise are 21-22 years old. But none of them can cruise on Carnival unless they have someone 25 or over cruising with them. And they don't want mom or dad to tag along. That's why they're cruising Royal Caribbean, as long as someone in your cabin is 21 or over you're fine. ;)