Seward Alaska Departure Day Tour

Fiveone5

We booked Orca Cruise from 12-4PM departure day. I spoke with them; there would be no issue getting to ship on time.

Now the hard part would you cancel Orca trip to get on board ASAP since cruise price dropped, upgraded to suite guarantee. We are in Sky Suite – S1!

Thank you for your thoughts...

We like boarding the ship early and enjoying Michael's Club and Luminae for lunch. Depending on the excursion and the other excursions planned for the ports, we would probably forgo it and board early. We will have 2 nights in Seward before our cruise and have excursions booked for both days so we will board early and hang out on the ship instead of going to the Sea Life Center, which we have been to before.

Now the hard part would you cancel Orca trip to get on board ASAP since cruise price dropped, upgraded to suite guarantee. We are in Sky Suite – S1!

Thank you for your thoughts...

I assume you booked this cruise because you want to experience the beauty and uniqueness of Alaska.

I would keep the Orca experience.

Yes, the S1's are wonderful cabins, but not worth canceling your orcas for at all. You will have time to be in your cabin and balcony. I love to board early, but really give it a lot of thought. The S1's will be there and if you like it you will return‼ it is one of the things that happens after the suite life...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all. We rearranged our schedule still seeing orcas but free on boarding day. After 10 days traveling Alaska it will be nice to relax.

Hope those 10 days include a boat tour up into the Kenai Fjords.

That is our favorite thing to do when we are in Seward, one of the highlights of a trip to Alaska.

We would much rather spend the embarkation day on a Kenai Fjords excursion as there is plenty of time for relaxing on the ship afterwards.

The ship usually goes to Hubbard Glacier the next day after leaving Seward, an entire relaxing day on board just enjoying the scenery as you can't get off the ship there at all.

It is not until the 3rd day that you reach a port where you can get off the ship again.