A quick question about booking Flight and Cruise through RCI

We got a great bargain booking on board for Rhapsody 5 Nov 17 Barcalona to Tampa Transatlantic, and we added flights too. Have just had the flight details through and I know docs and tickets won't be til much nearer the cruise BUT - will the flights have Hold Bags included? Think I'll be pretty cross if they aren't, because if you book flights and cruise, you can't do it without luggage!!

Anyone offer any reassurance? :0)

Do you mean the fare booked with Royal Carribean for the cruise? If I recall, the cruise booker onboard just said did we want to include flights with the booking, and we did. Royal have arranged everything to do with the flights, as I'd expect if I've booked "cruise and return flights included" with them. I just wondered what luggage allowance we would have. No worries, I can ask later - no biggie if they haven't included any luggage allowance in the flights, I'll add it with the carriers. But I'll likely feel the need for a strongly worded letter, as how can they imagine someone can do a 14 night cruise without luggage!!:o hehehe.

Do you mean the fare booked with Royal Carribean for the cruise? If I recall, the cruise booker onboard just said did we want to include flights with the booking, and we did. Royal have arranged everything to do with the flights, as I'd expect if I've booked "cruise and return flights included" with them. I just wondered what luggage allowance we would have. No worries, I can ask later - no biggie if they haven't included any luggage allowance in the flights, I'll add it with the carriers. But I'll likely feel the need for a strongly worded letter, as how can they imagine someone can do a 14 night cruise without luggage!!:o hehehe.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never known airfare to include luggage. I do get a free bag for United flights that I book using my United card but that's something that comes from the airline. I'd be surprised if your fare includes luggage. I wouldn't expect it. I mean, some people can pack for two weeks in a carry-on while others bring the kitchen sink. How would they even price that?

Thanks - yeah I'm pretty sure some Hold allowance will be included - good to hear other people say that was the cae for them.

Geri - I'd agree if I were booking the flights myself, I'd expect to have to possibly have to add hold luggage for an extra charge. However, I see the fly/cruise booking as a kind of package holiday, and as such, Royal Caribbean can't really expect you to fly without some luggage to go on a 2 wk cruise. I'm reassured that others seem to have had a hold baggage allowance included :)

Luggage will be included.Probably 20-23 kgs.

Who are your flights with.

Get you flight booking number and book your seats aswell.You can do this online.

Outbound Manchester to Barcelona with KLM

Homeward Tampa to Manchester with British Airways I think. (going from the flight numbers)

But in both cases my details say Carrier - Royal Caribbean :)

Your luggage might not be included with your Klm flight.I'd ring them and ask

Do you have to fly via Amsterdam?That's a bit of a journey.I think I would have booked that flight direct myself and let them book the flight back.

I've never flown International that didn't include luggage. Norwegian does charge you extra. But the main airlines do not.

When we fly United and Delta international, it includes one bag per person. On United, the second bag was $100.

However, I see the fly/cruise booking as a kind of package holiday, and as such, Royal Caribbean can't really expect you to fly without some luggage to go on a 2 wk cruise.

RCI has nothing to do with airline allowances and there should be no expectation of such. Just as the for fee meal on the plane is not included even though you get included meals on the ship. You would probably not get it on a domestic flight, but you probably will get one bag on the flight from the US.

We've booked flights through the cruise lines many times. Your baggage allowance is dependent on the particular airline you are booked with. For example, most airlines include one piece of checked luggage for free and charge for an additional piece. Flying domestically in the U.S., you have to pay for each piece of checked luggage unless you have an agreement with the airline, i.e. a mileage plus card that allows one free piece per pax.

Thanks - yeah I'm pretty sure some Hold allowance will be included - good to hear other people say that was the cae for them.

Geri - I'd agree if I were booking the flights myself, I'd expect to have to possibly have to add hold luggage for an extra charge. However, I see the fly/cruise booking as a kind of package holiday, and as such, Royal Caribbean can't really expect you to fly without some luggage to go on a 2 wk cruise. I'm reassured that others seem to have had a hold baggage allowance included :)

Ah, I see - guess it's the control freak in me, I always book my own flights.

I checked out the sort of price for flights before we went on our last cruise expecting to book something onboard. Of course I could only check rough flight prices for a similar set of flights as it was well over 12 months to the cruise, but the price added to include flights was much lower than I could find one way flights from Tampa to Manchester (Barcelona was cheap as chips tho)

In total, I've paid just over £1700pp for a 14 night transatlantic cruise with flights to and from Manchester - too good to miss. That payment was all to Royal Caribbean so my thinking is that they have arrangements in the same way Package Holiday firms do - who knows!! :) I'll check with KLM Orla - their website says something about allowing a free hold bag if its part of an intercontinental journey, but since its just the Barca bit thats with them, i'm pushing it ;)

Thanks for all the input :) - Now wondering about airport transfers too and from the ship.... doh!!

I'm doing an eastbound Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona in 17 days. Then staying in Spain for a week and flying home Madrid to Ft Lauderdale. Booked on KLM through Royal's Air2Sea program and am allowed 1 23kg checked bag and 1 carry on for free.

I wouldn't count on that being part of the deal either.

Eee yer a cheery soul, Biker19 ;p

RCI Website answered this for me - Ground Transportation - Airport transfers are included with your flights

Transfers.JPG.80f5de1181de1acde9e79eb39925cd21.JPG

When we were booking our flight online we said we didn't want the flight from Southampton to Glasgow only the flight from Glasgow to Fll and we paid £337 for that flight with Royal and we used airmiles pus £45 for the domestic flight.

If we tried to book a one way international flight with the airline it would have cost over a £1000. each.

If we wanted transfers we had to pay extra and they were quite expensive so we passed on that.