Happy Hour-?

teacherman

We have not been on Princess for many years but are thinking to cruise with them again. Do they still have some type of Happy Hour or special drink prices for Platinum level in the evening? It seems like they used to have something in one of the lounges with snacks. Any recent cruisers have info on this? Thank you.

Unless the prices have changed since November, the drink of the day is $5.00. On some ships you can apparently get any of the 5-6 drinks of the day every day, not just the one. They have also had a two for one plus a $1.00 happy hour in the afternoon for the everyone at 3:00-4:00 and later in the evening, typically 11:00-12:00.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yes they do-in Skywalkers at 5:00pm

And on ships without Skywalkers, it's held elsewhere - Club 6, Explorer's, etc.

You should have an invitation in your cabin with time, location and what's on offer each evening. If you don't have it the first day, see the Captain's Circle host to get the info.

Unless the prices have changed since November, the drink of the day is $5.00. On some ships you can apparently get any of the 5-6 drinks of the day every day, not just the one. They have also had a two for one plus a $1.00 happy hour in the afternoon for the everyone at 3:00-4:00 and later in the evening, typically 11:00-12:00.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depending on the itinerary and the general makeup of the passengers they sometimes move the later one from the 11:00 - 12:00 hour to an earlier spot of 10:00 - 11:00. A bartender on our Panama Canal cruise a while back told me it was because of the older passenger group on the cruise. Worked for me. :D

As mentioned, there will be an invitation to the Platinum-Elite deal in your cabin with the time (normally 5 - 7) and place.

On our last cruise there were so many Platinum and Elites they had it in Club Fusion rather than Skywalker's.

Depending on the itinerary and the general makeup of the passengers they sometimes move the later one from the 11:00 - 12:00 hour to an earlier spot of 10:00 - 11:00.

I was on Diamond recently.

They sometimes moved the 2nd HH to the time and venue of specific events.

They did this at least 3 times I think.

The two I recall is the Love Boat Disco pool party, where they had HH starting about 09:30p around the pool.

They also moved it to coincide with the Country and Western night in Club Fusion.

It was a smart idea and was very welcome.

As mentioned, there will be an invitation to the Platinum-Elite deal in your cabin with the time (normally 5 - 7) and place.

On our last cruise there were so many Platinum and Elites they had it in Club Fusion rather than Skywalker's.

On a 17 day cruise on Coral they had it in Explorer's and it was never crowded. Perhaps there weren't as many P/E/S passengers or maybe folks just didn't care to participate.

Club Fusion on the CB last January BOGO was from 3:00 to 4:00PM along with daily Trivia and/or Bingo. Never won but had fun doing it. Then it was back to the cabin to clean up for dinner and return to Club Fusion 5:00 - 7:00PM for the PES goodies and drink specials.

The kicked-up PES snacks were perfect to hold you over for late TD dinner at 8:15PM

We just sailed on the Royal last week. They had 2 happy hours everyday - from 3-4pm at Crooner's, and again from 10-11pm at Club 6. It was Buy 1 - get another of the same drink for $1.00. You couldn't share with another person - you had to get 2 of the same drinks at the same time. It was open to all guests. Since we did not buy a drink package - we took advantage of it whenever possible. It helped keep our bar tab down!