upgrade???? not sure

senior lady

I have friends that are going on the Emerald ....... South Pacific cruise.

They just got a complimentary upgrade from a ocean view on Plaza to balcony on Lido....303

I'm a little worried about the noise being under the tradewinds bar???

Anyone had a cabin in that area before.

They are in Sydney now pre-cruise so can't get a hold of them .

Called Princess and they've already assigned their previous cabin:(

They are actually more under the Spa than the bar. I once had a balcony on Star that was under the bar area on Lido deck. Absolutely zero noise. We loved it. I really wouldn't worry about this upgrade. I'd be quite happy if it was me. Of course your friends may not agree as they may well want the Plaza location.

I have friends that are going on the Emerald ....... South Pacific cruise.

They just got a complimentary upgrade from a ocean view on Plaza to balcony on Lido....303

I'm a little worried about the noise being under the tradewinds bar???

Anyone had a cabin in that area before.

They are in Sydney now pre-cruise so can't get a hold of them .

Called Princess and they've already assigned their previous cabin:(

Hello Senior,

Of course, cabin location is a very personal decision. In my opinion, this is a pretty nice upgrade. The Tradewinds is really a daytime venue that supports those loungers around the deck above the pool. It should not be noisy or disturbing during sleeping hours. I would expect that the balconies would be a welcomed addition to the cruise if in warm weather. The additional benefit is its proximity to the pool area, fitness center and Horizon Court.

I'm sure they'll be happy with a balcony. I know when they booked it was a huge difference from oceanview to balcony. As it's a 32 day South Pacific cruise it should be nice.

:cool:

In that case, I would jump on an opportunity for a balcony cabin. This should be viewed as a very nice gratuitous gift.

I'm sure they'll be happy with a balcony. I know when they booked it was a huge difference from oceanview to balcony. As it's a 32 day South Pacific cruise it should be nice.

:cool:

32 days on a South Pacific cruise with a balcony instead of an OV? Holy cow! What a nice upgrade. :cool:

I booked a guarantee Oceanview category OF or better and just recently was assigned an OF Plaza deck cabin on the same cruise. We used to have awesome upgrade luck but since the upsells began a couple of years ago, 12 Princess cruises later......absolutely nothing!

AE_Collector

That's the category my friends had. This is their first upgrade. I've never been that high on a cruise ship so will be interesting to hear how they liked it.

I am incredibly sensitive to motion sickness. I use the Transderm Scop patch and have been in a cabin at the bow and very high up and gone through very rough weather without getting sick at all. I like being up high and with my patch don't have an issue with it or with being full forward or full aft.