Booking question

delta13

I usually book my cruises closer in or after final payment, but I'm looking at booking the Med in October. I see NCL has the $50 deposit deal on right now, so if I do book and change my mind before final payment, I do get my deposit ($100) back, correct?

You need to call and ask. Carnival sometimes does a "reduced deposit" promotion, but if you cancel, it is sometimes refundable and sometimes only transferrable to another cruise. You have to read the fine print. If you tell them you'll just put down the regular deposit amount, that is refundable.

I usually book my cruises closer in or after final payment, but I'm looking at booking the Med in October. I see NCL has the $50 deposit deal on right now, so if I do book and change my mind before final payment, I do get my deposit ($100) back, correct?

Be sure you read the terms. My understanding is that the $50 deposit deal is non-refundable.

You need to call and ask. Carnival sometimes does a "reduced deposit" promotion, but if you cancel, it is sometimes refundable and sometimes only transferrable to another cruise. You have to read the fine print. If you tell them you'll just put down the regular deposit amount, that is refundable.

that is only IF you book Carnival Early Saver. if you book carnival as past guest (or some other fare code), the deposit is refundable.

Here is the fine print for the $50 dollar deposit from NCL:

$50 USD per person Deposit on Mini-Suites & Below Categories

Booking Window: March 21, 2017 - April 10, 2017 11:59 PM EST

Haven & Suite categories are not applicable for this offer.

Offer is only applicable for mini-suites and below. Offer is for new individual FIT reservations and new group delegates booked outside of finalization. Qualifying new individual reservations can be moved into existing group and count towards tour conductor credits. Promotion cannot be held as group block. Reservation must be assigned with names. Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's terms and conditions. For reduced deposit reservations cancelled during deposit fee period, fee amount will be assessed in line with terms of booked promotion Singles paying 200% qualify. Government taxes, port expenses & fees, general excise tax (GET), and discretionary on board service charges and/or gratuities are additional. Not applicable to chartered dates and group types: CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply. Applicable to NCL MIAMI, NCL INTL, NCL ASIA, and AUSTRALIA. Not applicable to NCL BRAZIL, CE and UK offices. This is a higher level promotion.

also keep in mind, your cruise cancellation schedule too : https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

Hey there, I went through a travel agent and not directly through Norwegian. However, I was informed that they will refund 100% of that money if you are still outside of their cancellation period. I changed my reservation two times with the agent and had no issues. :D Hope this helps a bit.

Hey there, I went through a travel agent and not directly through Norwegian. However, I was informed that they will refund 100% of that money if you are still outside of their cancellation period. I changed my reservation two times with the agent and had no issues. :D Hope this helps a bit.

In some cases (apparently not yours, of course), a travel agent will have a fee if you cancel, so make sure about this upfront. This is totally separate from anything having to do with the cruise line.

It also depends upon which country you are in (or which country's NCL office) you make your reservation.

In the USA, it seems it is always (or almost always - BUT ALWAYS VERIFY BEFORE MAKING A DEPOSIT, and get it in writing) the case that the "deposit" is fully refundable, as long as the cancellation is made *before* any penalty period.

The important thing is to double check at the point of making the deposit (or any payments) about the "terms", and get it in writing.

Yes you do. I'm not sure why people are telling you about CCL on the NCL board.

Does anyone have any idea what those terms are trying to say? Ugh. :eek:

If I had to guess, I would say that the $50 reduced deposit is fully refundable before final payment, like any other (cash) deposit.

They apply to group bookings. Sometimes I can't figure out why people have to make such a simple question so difficult.