Spirit speciality dining

Jetlagged787

On Celebrity last year, guests were able to use the speciality dining restaurants at less than the normal asking price. There were always offers available and it was even possible to haggle the price down. The best deal folk were getting was 2 for 1 apparently.

I've never seen any mention on the NCL boards of a similar market operating so guess it doesn't happen. I'm not one for using these paid for restaurants being quite happy with the MDR. I do enjoy a good steak though and, as Cagneys gets good reviews, thought we might give it a try.

On Celebrity last year, guests were able to use the speciality dining restaurants at less than the normal asking price. There were always offers available and it was even possible to haggle the price down. The best deal folk were getting was 2 for 1 apparently.

I've never seen any mention on the NCL boards of a similar market operating so guess it doesn't happen. I'm not one for using these paid for restaurants being quite happy with the MDR. I do enjoy a good steak though and, as Cagneys gets good reviews, thought we might give it a try.

You can purchase speciality dining packages in advance, for a certain numbers of days - and then you can have whatever on the menu without thinking about the much higher a-la-carte pricing. But the smallest dining package is for 3 days. Prices are listed below, and these prices incl. a $10 reduction in price compared to purchasing a dining package on board. An 18% auto-gratuity fee comes in addition to the listed prices.

Item #DescriptionPer Person Price

3UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$69.00

4UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$84.00

5UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$99.00

6UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$114.00

7UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$129.00

8UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$139.00

9UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$149.00

10UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$159.00

11UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$169.00

12UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$179.00

13UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$189.00

14UDP-Meal Speciality Dining Package$199.00

Edited by TrumpyNor

The MDR's are now offering upcharge steaks and lobster for a fee, this might be something for you without having to deal with a dining package!

I'm. It sure they are any more. Apparently Lobster is off the menus now and some recently posted menus from other ships didn't have the upcharge items at all.

I'm on the Spirit next week, so will be able to confirm.

The MDR's are now offering upcharge steaks and lobster for a fee, this might be something for you without having to deal with a dining package!

That's great news thanks Sauer-kraut. I'm not bothered for the lobster but will give the steak a try for sure. I live in Portugal and, to put it as kindly as possible, beef is not exactly my go to dish here.

NCL restaurants are all a la carte. You pay for each item (appitizer, entree, side, dessert) you order. Other than sneaking a free side dish, no room to haggle.

NCL restaurants are all a la carte. You pay for each item (appitizer, entree, side, dessert) you order.

Not all, only three out of five standard speciality restaurants (on bigger ships there are some additional ship specific restaurants).

Moderno and Teppanyaki are fixed fee, La Cucina, Cagney's and Le Bistro are a la carte.

Not all, only three out of five standard speciality restaurants (on bigger ships there are some additional ship specific restaurants).

Moderno and Teppanyaki are fixed fee, La Cucina, Cagney's and Le Bistro are a la carte.

Thanks for the explanation. There were some contradictions slipping in that had me confused. I'll take a look at Cagney's menu when we board and make a decision then.