Thoughts about the Silhouette

janetz

Just off the Silhouette. A couple of comments.

Arrived at port at 10:30, checked in and boarded right away.

Best filet at the Lawn Grill. Food was very good also in the MDR

Do not miss the Silent Disco. Great fun :D

We had the classic package. I was going to upgrade as I love the Martini Bar. Just a heads up. They charged me 3.54 for each Martini which was cheaper then upgrading.

How was the entertainment? Are the Tenors still there? (We go next week:D).

Did there seem to be a lot of confusion regarding the changes in the drink packages? Guests and staff?

No Tenors this week.

Shoes were pretty good.

Crew was very friendly. :)

We cruised the sailing before yours and the Tenors or Rock were on that sailing. They must have just left. They were very good.

Sara Romero was an amazing CD. Best I have ever experienced.

Did you happen to notice which free movies were offered on cabin tv?

Also, was The Porch open for lunch on embarkation day?

Any problems getting good internet signal in your cabin?

Are cotton balls and Q-tips still offered in cabin bathrooms?

Thanks!

Did not notice if Porches open

Did not watch TV

No Qtips or cotton balls

Did not use the internet onboard :D

We can watch TV at home including any movies. If we need Q-tips they are easily available. I am glad that we do not waste cruise time to be on the Internet. Thank you so much for your update.

Did not notice if Porches open

Did not watch TV

No Qtips or cotton balls

Did not use the internet onboard :D

Thank you!

We can watch TV at home including any movies. If we need Q-tips they are easily available. I am glad that we do not waste cruise time to be on the Internet. Thank you so much for your update.
I know it's hard for some people to be open-minded and non-judgmental but please do try.

Not all are as lucky as you to be able to cruise without needing to touch base with a loved one who has cancer or a business that needs your input. Without the internet, I would not be able to cruise or take any vacation at all.

And I don't watch TV at home. I happen to enjoy relaxing in my cabin with a movie before bedtime on vacation. To each their own. And the Q-tip comment...easily available on a cruise ship? Whatever.

We were on the Silhouette in February. We did have Q-tip and cotton balls in our Aqua class room.

Internet was very good from our room on Deck 11.

The Porch was closed for lunch on the first day on our sailing.

Did not watch tv. There were movies during the day in a theater.

Entertainment was a mixed bag. Tenors of Rock were outstanding. Mixed feelings on the house shows.

We were on the Silhouette in February. We did have Q-tip and cotton balls in our Aqua class room.

Internet was very good from our room on Deck 11.

The Porch was closed for lunch on the first day on our sailing.

Did not watch tv. There were movies during the day in a theater.

Entertainment was a mixed bag. Tenors of Rock were outstanding. Mixed feelings on the house shows.

Thank you! :)

We cruised the sailing before yours and the Tenors or Rock were on that sailing. They must have just left. They were very good.

Sara Romero was an amazing CD. Best I have ever experienced.

Agreed! We were on for 2 weeks in Jan/Feb and we loved Sara! She was off the ship hugging guests good-bye when we disembarked! Hope she is on next January!!

Than why would you waste your time at home with an absolutely unnecessary post.

Agreed! We were on for 2 weeks in Jan/Feb and we loved Sara! She was off the ship hugging guests good-bye when we disembarked! Hope she is on next January!!

She sure was.

Wish I knew which ships she would be on in the future as we are looking for a cruise in December and it would greatly influence our decision knowing which ship she would be on at that time.

Did you happen to notice which free movies were offered on cabin tv?

Also, was The Porch open for lunch on embarkation day?

Any problems getting good internet signal in your cabin?

Are cotton balls and Q-tips still offered in cabin bathrooms?

Thanks!

Only one I can offer is qtips and cotton balls were available in our cabin but we sailed Aqua. I think that is Aqua and higher.

I do not believe the porch (lawn club) was open on embarqment day for lunch.

Did not use the internet but those who did that I spoke with said it was grealy imporved from the past.

Movie? Not sure what is available as we did not watch any movies.

Agreed! We were on for 2 weeks in Jan/Feb and we loved Sara! She was off the ship hugging guests.

We will be boarding SIL on Sunday as the first part of a B2B. Booked it to see people like Sara who will be going on vacation. People look for different things from Cruise Directors. Some like "entertainers". Some like jokes. I prefer Cruise Directors who simply introduce the entertainers and are really genuine people who want to meet passengers. I know some Cruise Directors who are popular with passengers who never go beyond their specific job description. Sara is a really caring person who from the minute you meet her feels like a close friend.

Agreed! We were on for 2 weeks in Jan/Feb and we loved Sara! She was off the ship hugging guests.

We will be boarding SIL on Sunday as the first part of a B2B. Booked it to see people like Sara who will be going on vacation. People look for different things from Cruise Directors. Some like "entertainers". Some like jokes. I prefer Cruise Directors who simply introduce the entertainers and are really genuine people who want to meet passengers. I know some Cruise Directors who are popular with passengers who never go beyond their specific job description. Sara is a really caring person who from the minute you meet her feels like a close friend.

Just wanted to say hi, we are on SIL on Sunday too - can't wait! It's been a long winter. I've heard so many wonderful things about Sara, can't wait to meet her.

Our cabin was right outside the library. I had virtually NO internet service in the cabin but if I stepped out to the library it was great.

Internet connection is almost impossible if you are in the Celebrity Suites at the Library. It was explained to me by the IT person that the cabins are in a dead spot.