Royal Caribbean split up our CONNECTING staterooms on our one year marriage anniversa

X

Thanks for everyone's concerns. We did receive a call around 8am and the passenger in our original cabin agreed to move. So we did get back our original connecting cabins this morning.

I asked about if we could get any obc for the stress and inconvenience. They initially said no. Then, called us in the room later and said they would give us $100.

The passenger before forgot his things in the safe. So guest services is trying to arrange a time for us to be in the cabin so he can get his stuff in the safe back.

Can you tell by your paid reservation whether you have selected "no upgrade"? I don't see it anywhere on my booking. I've tried to call twice and say what I want to check this status and both times they say, "so let me understand, you want to CHANGE your reservation." English challenged. I say NO. And hang up. Terrified of messing it up in the process of trying to lock it down. Maybe I should try to call during the work day.

Can you tell by your paid reservation whether you have selected "no upgrade"? I don't see it anywhere on my booking. I've tried to call twice and say what I want to check this status and both times they say, "so let me understand, you want to CHANGE your reservation." English challenged. I say NO. And hang up. Terrified of messing it up in the process of trying to lock it down. Maybe I should try to call during the work day.

When you log into "My Cruises", do you see a tab along the top that says "profile "? I see Upgrade Preferences there. I don't know if I see that because I'm a C&A member.

Important lesson to the rest of us, if you are a C&A member go to your profile and set the preference to NO Upgrades. If not C&A then call you TA or RCI directly and ask for this.

This is no different than flying, book an isle seat and then get "an upgrade" to a middle seat in a preferred location. Again if you don't want it to happen you have to set your profile, at least for that flight to NO upgrade.

It pay to either know what your doing or do the research before hand.

My room was "upgraded" once during a 4 consecutive cruise sailing that I was doing despite having my C&A preference state NO upgrade. It took half a day to straighten it out with guest services!

Now I am worried about our connecting room for November. However we have the kids booked in one room and the adults in another. Should I still request no upgrades? Or will the fact that two minor kids are booked in a room keep this from happening to us.

Now I am worried about our connecting room for November. However we have the kids booked in one room and the adults in another. Should I still request no upgrades? Or will the fact that two minor kids are booked in a room keep this from happening to us.

I'd still request no upgrade.

Not sure when but do remember it reported happening at least once on here. Think was straightened out later but the 4 passengers had to share a single cabin as was discovered at sailing... Do change your preferences to no upgrades!

Thanks for everyone's concerns. We did receive a call around 8am and the passenger in our original cabin agreed to move. So we did get back our original connecting cabins this morning.

Glad to see they got it worked out and hopefully you can enjoy the cruise. Happy Anniversary and happy sailing!

I asked about if we could get any obc for the stress and inconvenience. They initially said no. Then, called us in the room later and said they would give us $100.

The passenger before forgot his things in the safe. So guest services is trying to arrange a time for us to be in the cabin so he can get his stuff in the safe back.

Ask him how much OBC he was offered to vacate the cabin.

I know everyone keeps referring to the "no upgrade" choice. However people have been booted from cabins even if they have it set to "no upgrade". If you are booked in a cabin that holds more people than your party, you can be booted even if you have "no upgrades" selected. You can also be booted if you are in an accessible room, or if you have a cabin booked that is connected or close to someone that needs an accessible cabin.

My husband and I always travel together as a party of 2. Each cruise line we have booked with allowed us to book a cabin for 3 or 4 people online no problem. We NEVER choose a cabin that accommodates more for fear of getting booted but lots of people are not aware of this and book parties of 2 in a cabin for more.