Age groups for kids activities

I am taking my son next spring on the Harmony of the seas. He will be 11 1/2 at that time. Will he be allowed to be in the 12-14 year old group or be required to be with the 9-11? Just wondering on how strict they are about it.

My son was a month shy of 12 when we went on FOS last October. We were traveling with two other families whose sons had already turned 12 (two and three weeks prior), and he wanted to be with them. They still would not allow him to move up. However, what I found even odder was that they did allow his friends to move down to the 9-11 group. So for us, they were very strict. Our daughter, who was one week shy of 6, was allowed to move to the 6-8 year old room, but only after trying the 3-5 year old room first.

I am taking my son next spring on the Harmony of the seas. He will be 11 1/2 at that time. Will he be allowed to be in the 12-14 year old group or be required to be with the 9-11? Just wondering on how strict they are about it.

They may be strict, they may not be. Depends on how many kids are in each age group.

My son was a month shy of 12 when we went on FOS last October. We were traveling with two other families whose sons had already turned 12 (two and three weeks prior), and he wanted to be with them. They still would not allow him to move up. However, what I found even odder was that they did allow his friends to move down to the 9-11 group. So for us, they were very strict. Our daughter, who was one week shy of 6, was allowed to move to the 6-8 year old room, but only after trying the 3-5 year old room first.

Did they enjoy it? If so, would they still have if they weren't all together?

They are often willing to allow a child to move down a group but seldom up a group, especially if there are a large number of children onboard. I'm sure he will find others his own age in the proper group.

The kids will still catch glimpses of the others....and there is so much time OUTSIDE of the clubs for them to be together. For instance, if the kids want to go to the pool, YOU will have to take them...they do NOT take the kids swimming!

The clubs are very appropriately aged...so the kids will have a blast! It's always best to take them the 1st evening, when EVERYONE is "new"...and kids quickly find club friends!