pros & cons Panama Canal spring or fall??

chloes nana

Good point, but there is at least one exception.

We were on the Veendam last Fall who was leaving the summer New England/Canada route and heading to San Diego via Panama in the Fall after her extensive Fall Colors tour, so might want to check which ship is doing that route if you want to do the east to west route Panama route in the Fall.

The water was so warm at HMC that Fall month we did not want to get out.

Perfect! Thanks for the heads up, I will have my PCC watch that one for me. Really like the Vista ships for those high up VQ cabins. Bet the view is pretty awesome up there.

Good point, but there is at least one exception.

We were on the Veendam last Fall who was leaving the summer New England/Canada route and heading to San Diego via Panama in the Fall after her extensive Fall Colors tour, so might want to check which ship is doing that route if you want to do the east to west route Panama route in the Fall.

The water was so warm at HMC that Fall month we did not want to get out.

The Maasdam is doing a westbound Panama Canal in September this year. Both the Westerdam and the Oosterdam are doing westbounds in November. All others in that time frame are eastbound.

The Maasdam is doing a westbound Panama Canal in September this year. Both the Westerdam and the Oosterdam are doing westbounds in November. All others in that time frame are eastbound.

hopefully those sailings remain true for 2018. thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the Celebrity Infinity October 9th 2018 eastbound. The corresponding westbound is in September. So some sailings are out already. They have some specials on those right now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would not want to be sailing the Caribbean in September or October because those are the prime hurricane months. Also, it is still very hot. Panama may not be vulnerable to hurricanes, but the Caribbean, through which you have to sail, is very vulnerable. And some of the worse hurricanes are in September and October.

I would not want to be sailing the Caribbean in September or October because those are the prime hurricane months. Also, it is still very hot. Panama may not be vulnerable to hurricanes, but the Caribbean, through which you have to sail, is very vulnerable. And some of the worse hurricanes are in September and October.

So true! Unfortunately, people tend to overlook this.

In September (late- or into October) you would sailing from San Diego to FLL, as the ships from Alaska reposition. So, no FLL to San Diego Canal cruises then.

March would be better match for your flight desires. Late March into April.

Not totally true. Holland has a few going the FLL to West Coast in Sept/Oct.

I understand. I have lived most of my life in Florida. It's a chance one takes. We got a good deal on that cruise. Cruise ships typically steer clear of hurricanes, which are slow moving, and we are flexible. The heat will be great for swimming. I won't even get in the pool until July. We're good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums