Millenium Auqu vs Concierge

smccarthy123

OK, it looks like pricing implies a higher level for Aqua vs Concierge, but on my cruise, the latest pricing cost me more to upgrade to Concierge than Aqua. On the Celebrity Website, they listed the benefits of Concierge and Aqua, and I thought the Concierge seemed better for my desires. But it seems that even thou the website shows benefits for the Concierge class, not included in the Aqua class, everyone (OK that is older cruise critic comments) says that Aqua includes everything that Concierge does, plus extra benefits. Are there really no benefits to Concierge class over Aqua ? Are the cabins better for one over the other ? The website even shows "new" benefits for Concierge, not shown on the Aqua benefits ? What say ye ?

Aqua is considered a higher cabin than Concierge mostly because of Blu, which is like eating in a specialty restaurant every night. Sometimes due to supply and demand, Aqua cabins come in at lower prices. The only Concierge benefit that Aqua at this point doesn't get is the Concierge embarkation luncheon which has receive mixed reviews on this board. On M class ships Cabin locations may be better.

Many of the benefits of Concierge and Aqua are marketing hype or available to all cabin categories. For example, they mention priority embarkation which is actually only a separate line. Often the regular lines are shorter. I have never heard of anyone on this board say that they upgraded to Concierge when Aqua was cheaper. Please don't be insulted but I'm trying to be honest. If Aqua was cheaper than Concierge I would grab the Aqua cabin in a minute.

The embarkation lunch for Concierge and the Concierge are new and only apply to Concierge class. The other thing like sparkling wine, canapés, footstools on the balcony, umbrella, etc, etc apply to both CC and Aqua,

Aqua has its own dining room Blu for breakfast & dinner and has free access to the Persian Gardens. The cabins are the same size & decor but Aqua has a jetted shower and fog free mirror. Most people book Aqua in order to dine in Blu.

Aqua is considered a step up from Concierge although prices don't always reflect that due to price being driven by supply & demand.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not upset as I was able to upgrade to Concierge for a very nice price. I picked the Concierge level based on info on the Celebrity website describing the optional "perks" for each class. I notified my sister (who was also booked on a much lower class as I did) and she upgraded to the Aqua for a lower price. OK, so we might not see each other for dinner every night as planned, but eh, she's my sister, and I can think of worse things (LOL). You would think that Celebrity would just be clearer and say "Aqua has everything that Concierge has, except for a embarkation luncheon". The website implies that certain beni's like binoculars, embarkation bubbly, and other beni's are available to one vs the other. Well, as a new cruiser, I live and learn...

Ciao !

:(

Thanks for the responses. I'm not upset as I was able to upgrade to Concierge for a very nice price. I picked the Concierge level based on info on the Celebrity website describing the optional "perks" for each class. I notified my sister (who was also booked on a much lower class as I did) and she upgraded to the Aqua for a lower price. OK, so we might not see each other for dinner every night as planned, but eh, she's my sister, and I can think of worse things (LOL). You would think that Celebrity would just be clearer and say "Aqua has everything that Concierge has, except for a embarkation luncheon". The website implies that certain beni's like binoculars, embarkation bubbly, and other beni's are available to one vs the other. Well, as a new cruiser, I live and learn...

Ciao !

The website does say Aqua receives most of the benefits of Concerge. You obviously can do what you wish but why choose a lesser product for a higher price.

Well if you go to the website today, there are benefits described for Concierge class, not included in Aqua class listed benefits. Based on those descriptions, Concierge seemed a better fit for me. Although I agree that in practice it seems that Aqua has all the benefits of Concierge, it certainly is not evident on the CelebrityCruises.com website descriptions of each class. Check it out, and tell me I'm wrong.

Well if you go to the website today, there are benefits described for Concierge class, not included in Aqua class listed benefits. Based on those descriptions, Concierge seemed a better fit for me. Although I agree that in practice it seems that Aqua has all the benefits of Concierge, it certainly is not evident on the CelebrityCruises.com website descriptions of each class. Check it out, and tell me I'm wrong.

I'm not criticizing, that's why you came on the board. I have been in both sets of cabins and you will receive all the benefits of Concierge except the new ones which in no way equals Blu. Here is a side by side comparison with the wording that you get most of the benefits. By the way, you get the binoculars in both cabins however they are barely better than what you would get out of a cracker jack box.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/media/en_US/pdf/ships/Millenium-Class-Staterooms.pdf?cid=br_cel_brg_2017nd_1606_brnd_bro_all_2605

Just scroll down...

Thanks for the response, just wanted to note the differences in the classes even though the website seems to note many benefits that are explicitly available in Concierge class, but are implicitly available (but not publicized) in Aqua class as described on the website and the PDF you noted. As I said, as a newbie, it is live and learn. Don't worry, Be Happy.

Ciao

Thanks for the response, just wanted to note the differences in the classes even though the website seems to note many benefits that are explicitly available in Concierge class, but are implicitly available (but not publicized) in Aqua class as described on the website and the PDF you noted. As I said, as a newbie, it is live and learn. Don't worry, Be Happy.

Ciao

Enjoy your cruise...Trust me you are not the first person to complain about Celebrity's web site...

Just keep in mind that if your sister is aqua and you are concierge that her assigned dining room will be blu and your assigned dining room will be the MDR; so unless you eat at a specialty, you won't be not having dinner some nights, you'll not have dinner every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums