Embarkation MDR Lunch

hydrodriver831

Oh, and it was NOT listed in the day's Patter and crew members would claim the dining room wasn't open and would direct us to the buffet. Glad we went to see for ourselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On every cruise we've been on in the past 10 years the patter on the first day (in your room) will tell you that the DR is open on the first day.

lunch_zps3icbcklf.gif

We boarded the Ruby on April 8th. We got the email prior, stating embarkation lunch was either in Horizon Court or one of the dining rooms. It was also listed in the Patter on the back page, under the dining info, in very small print. The menu posted above was the menu we had.

On every cruise we've been on in the past 10 years the patter on the first day (in your room) will tell you that the DR is open on the first day.

lunch_zps3icbcklf.gif

as was noted above, your experience does not mean the embarkation day MDR lunch is listed on every patter for every sailing for every ship :)

as was noted above, your experience does not mean the embarkation day MDR lunch is listed on every patter for every sailing for every ship :)

I save every patter on all my cruises & I checked back around 30 cruises & everyone on embarkation day has had lunch offered in the DR.

So yes it is true that not every cruise has lunch on embarkation day but since at least 10 years ago we've always seen it.

I thought that was a general time schedule for dining venues for the cruise.

Maybe I am not seeing it but where does it reference "embarkation day lunch" in that schedule?

The example isn't generic. You can tell it is an embarkation day schedule because 1) it mentions that the buffet is not open during the drill, 2) the buffet dinner is the Bon Voyage Dinner, and 3) lunch in the MDR is being served (wouldn't be the case on a port day).

The example isn't generic. You can tell it is an embarkation day schedule because 1) it mentions that the buffet is not open during the drill, 2) the buffet dinner is the Bon Voyage Dinner, and 3) lunch in the MDR is being served (wouldn't be the case on a port day).

Assumptions. Why not just list it? New cruisers don't know that.

I just got off the Ruby and lunch was served in the main dining room in embarkation day, but the menu was very abbreviated from previous Princess cruises I've taken (been on 4 in the last year and a half). I snapped a photo of our embarkation lunch menu because I noted how limited it was. By the way, we were allowed to eat there and we had an interior stateroom. 167cb290234168876284710c1233f546.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With a lunch menu that meager I’d ask for the children’s menu. There are some pretty good items on the children's menu.

I have heard rumblings on CC that Princess was considering doing away with the Embarkation Day lunch in the MDR. We will be on the Island in May and hoping that is not the case, as we really enjoy it. Relaxing and quiet. :cool:

Not a big deal !!!!!!