AIBP & water

camper49

You may pick up a bottle of water (either a large one or a small one) from any bar anytime you want with the AIBP. Unless you are elite or in a suite, you will be charged if you use the bottle in your cabin - it is considered Room Service, and Room Service is not included with the AIBP.

With the AIBP, I always pick up a small water bottle from a bar when I am heading off the ship. I take the small bottle because it fits in my pocket. I pick up a large bottle when I am heading back to my cabin. Although you can only ask for one "drink" at a time, you can get as many as you want by asking for one whenever you pass a bar.

Unless you are elite or in a suite, you will be charged if you use the bottle in your cabin - it is considered Room Service, and Room Service is not included with the AIBP.

If you are elite but not in a full suite you may exchange the items in the minibar for bottles of water if you wish. But if there is an additional large bottle of water outside of your minibar (which most stewards leave in all cabins) you will be charged if you open it.

If you are elite but not in a full suite you may exchange the items in the minibar for bottles of water if you wish. But if there is an additional large bottle of water outside of your minibar (which most stewards leave in all cabins) you will be charged if you open it.

The elite and/or suite mini-bar includes two bottles of water. Since I became elite, I have never had any water left in my cabin except for the included mini-bar.

Perfectly explained above.

It's easy enough to get a bottle of water from the bar to take to your cabin with the AIBP. :)

The elite and/or suite mini-bar includes two bottles of water. Since I became elite, I have never had any water left in my cabin except for the included mini-bar.

When we get our mini-bar set up for Elite, the first thing I do is call to trade out things - all the booze for one kind, all the carbonated water for regular water, the beer for Miller lite, the soda for Diet Coke or Sprite. Works like a charm. We get what we want after trading everything out.

We have the AIBP on our next two cruises. However, as usual, one of the first things we will do is to remove all the "included" items from the fridge and stick them on the shelf behind the TV. No sense paying for something from room service that I can get for "free" elsewhere on the ship.

Ships also have water that comes from the tap for free, as much as you want whether or not you have the AIBP, and it conveniently fills any size or shape bottle.

That is exactly what we normally drink for water onboard. :) I don't understand the "need" for all of the bottled water people use. Most of it comes from a city tap somewhere. My wife will often take 3 or 4 bottles of flavored water with her on a cruise but that's because she likes it as an alternative to "regular" water. It will be convenient to be able to snag a couple of bottles to take ashore with us on our next two cruises where we have (via the Sip and Sail promo) the AIBP. Otherwise I have issues with paying for water and we would normally just take a water bottle with us that we filled from the tap.