Half moon cay

wally64

Can any one give me some insight into Half Moon Cay? First time going. does the line (carnival) provide food or is it to purchase? and if so, do you use your sea and sail or all cash?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and HAPPY SAILING TO ALL!!!!

Can any one give me some insight into Half Moon Cay? First time going. does the line (carnival) provide food or is it to purchase? and if so, do you use your sea and sail or all cash?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and HAPPY SAILING TO ALL!!!!

all food is free. booze isn't even if you have cheers. will be without a doubt one of the prettiest beaches you have ever been too. People book cruises just to go to half moon key. It's that nice. I put it in my top three. it's simply amazing.

At Half Moon Cay Carnival staff he barks with barbecue food such as macaroni salad jerk chicken hamburgers hot dogs salad as well as drinks that you normally would get on the ship. There are gift shops and stands that you can use your sign and sail card or cash however for the food there is no charge since it is provided by Carnival. There are clam shells to rent on the beach or you can simply bring your beach towel and set up on your own.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I just got back from Half Moon Cay last week. It is a great island! There is a buffet provided for free. You can use your sail & sign card for any purchases however, the beverage packages do not work on the island. Enjoy your trip!

There IS an open bar on Half Moon Cay...but you'll have to reserve the Private Oasis to get it. :)

Also note that Half Moon Cay is a tender port and is susceptible to cancellation due to wind, water or waves. Supposedly about 1/5th of all scheduled visits there end up being cancelled. Some have been very lucky, and others -- like me -- have been unlucky. Two out of five attempts on cruises I've scheduled.

Half Moon Cay is a little piece of heaven. You will not to leave, I was sad when my time was up. I rented a cabana and so glad we did, it was a nice little place out of the sun and perks of having AC. Cabana's come with fruit/chips/salsa/vegetable tray, sodas/water, personal water mats, personal loungers, snorkel gear. It's a bit pricey but it really is worth it. BBQ lunch on the island, there is a bar but like others said you can't use CHEERS it will be charged to your S&S card. Have fun!

Did you know there is a little, sandy path marked "no entry/authorized only" to the Right when you debark the tender? My then-teen daughter explored it - and says it is even more special than the regular beaches reserved for guests (which are amazing and must be among the best in the world). I don't know what happens if Carnival finds you there, however.

Did you know there is a little, sandy path marked "no entry/authorized only" to the Right when you debark the tender? My then-teen daughter explored it

Huh. How interesting. Did she think she was authorized in some way?

- and says it is even more special than the regular beaches reserved for guests (which are amazing and must be among the best in the world). I don't know what happens if Carnival finds you there, however.

They detain you on HMC for a week. In a tropical paradise. Uh, where was this path again? :)

More seriously, looking at satellite reconnaissance (i.e., Google Maps satellite view), it appears there is a small beach there probably for use by the island's "permanent" (i.e., overnight) staff. There are staff buildings and support structures, including the island's power plant, immediately behind it.

You probably wouldn't be shot or detained too long for "wandering" down there, but I sure wouldn't want my kid wandering into a secured, staff-only area.

Beautiful place, one of our favorite places . . Carnival serves a lunch with jerk chicken, burgers, fruit, salad, cookies, etc. They have excursions like a train ride around the island, horseback riding on the beach, stingrays but it's a place where you just want to enjoy the powdery sand and beach :cool:

Half Moon Cay-perfect paradise- if you don't have an excursion planned, and you don't need one, trust me, this is a good time to have FTTF, which get you past the lines to get on the tender to the island.

when you get off the tender boat, you are in a small "fort" =think shops and bars,(excursions meet up here) and then turn to the left, pick up a towel, and head to the beach. the beach section closest to the tender dock has kids water toys, like a fountain spraying up in the air, as you walk along the beach, there will be beach chairs, free, and as you get away from the crowd, there is a bar in a building that looks like a ship. (of course this was before their last big hurricane) so I cant verify that at the time.

There is a road/path, that goes across the island, so if that is easier to walk on than the beach I would take the road-left side is beach, and on the right side-eventually you will get to the BBQ station. The difference between the burgers here and on the ship, is that they cook on open flame on the island. I have always found the food here to be great, because after playing in the sun for a while, hunger is the best seasoning. Except for the desserts, I don't like them on the island, they all seem a bit dry.

I have been lucky, four cruises to HMC and I have made it all four times. The first time was quite windy, kicked up waves big enough for body surfing. I was hoping for the same the last three times I went, but it was as smooth as glass. Not great for snorkeling along the beach area, as it is sand, (very smooth sand)and the fish don't like that (cant hide) so if you want to snorkel there I would suggest doing a snorkeling excursion.

This island is pure paradise if you are into a beach day, I have a cruise booked next year that will go back there. I cant wait! So enjoy your day at HMC!

Beautiful beach! We loved it!!

There is something special about playing in that beautiful blue water... with the ship in the background. Heaven!!

We rented a Cabana and loved it in August a couple of years ago. It was lovely to bring the food back from buffet and sit in our private area with a lovely misting fan... ahhhhh!!

Ahh... Cabana #10. One of my favorite places in the whole world. We had it one day last December. Best, most relaxing port I've ever been to.

Rent a Cabana, you will love it! The cost is good for 4 people. This picture is from Cabana #10

12924413_10153371893826816_8973647709124383331_n.jpg?oh=688ef51493d774ac2a850ff0586eacaf&oe=5989CFFE

For those that have rented cabanas... is there any where to lock valuables if you leave your cabana area? Thinking of booking the horseback excursion and wondering what we would do with our stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those that have rented cabanas... is there any where to lock valuables if you leave your cabana area? Thinking of booking the horseback excursion and wondering what we would do with our stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a large cabinet with shelves but no lock on them, that I have seen. I have to say Half Moon Cay is paradise. I just loved it there. You will too!! I had cabana #12 and it was quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our favorite spot. We love HMC. Last year we were there and had a cabana with FTTF. So we had priority tendering and was some of the first people on the island. Got to our cabana and wasted the day away in the beach. I was so thankful we didn't do any excursions outside of the cabana because that would have taken time out of our beach day. Simply paradise. The day went by way too fast. :(