Wine in Suitcase NCL "Bad Room" (Yes I want the Beverage Police to take it!)

UFLaw

I understand that if you pack your wine/champagne in your suitcase, the beverage police will put it in the bad room. I also understand that they will actually "store" it for you there. The wine is then returned on your final night.

My intent is to have them "confiscate" my wine/champagne and keep it waiting for me. That way, I can go down every day and select what I would like to have and pay my $15 vig per bottle. I may not go through all the wine I am bringing as the UBP is in affect. However, I am a bit of a wine snob and not crazy about the wine (and prices) NCL offers for glasses/bottles. I'm willing to pay the $15 per bottle, just don't want to have wine leftover at the end I did not use yet paid for.

Any insight from past guests who have dealt with the Beverage Police would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers! :champagne-toast::champagne-toast:

They will refund unused corkage on the last night.

No need to use the naughty room as your wine cellar. Carry it all on, pay the fee. Your bottles will receive a sticker. On the last night, return to guest services with the unopened bottles, and they will refund/credit the unused corkage.

The obvious alternative, of course, is to "go through" all of the wine that you bring. Don't be shy...have another!

Stuff you don't claim when (or I should say if) you are summoned to the naughty room, is either held to the last night of the cruise or discarded. There is no "wine cellar" as a PP has stated.

Ok. Thank you for your input and insight. It was what I was actually looking for.

I am going to lug the bottles on board with me and get them into our cabin as quickly as possible.

Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone

Also..IF you are serious..you are very inconsiderate ..the possibility of your wine breaking during dock to ship transport (think of all those piled high luggage carts ) ....could ruin some ones vacation with their bags/clothes getting wet and stained....

Also..IF you are serious..you are very inconsiderate ..the possibility of your wine breaking during dock to ship transport (think of all those piled high luggage carts ) ....could ruin some ones vacation with their bags/clothes getting wet and stained....

especially the chamagne.. I doubt the OP is serious, but if he is; the naughty room will not be temp controlled nor will there be someone there to man it for him. He is just looking for a way to get someone to carry his heavy bottles.:halo:

First, I pack all my bottles in sealed and padded bags. In all the years of travelling never once has a bottle broken.

Second, yes, I was looking for someone else to bring my bottles onto the ship for me. Doesn't everyone have the right for the cruise ship to bring their suitcases on board for them?

NCL beverage policy does not differentiate between wine carried on or placed in luggage.

Can I still bring wine on board?

Yes, guests may bring sealed bottles of wine on board for personal consumption. They will be checked prior to embarkation and a corkage fee applied at that time of $15.00 USD for a 750 ml Bottle or $30.00 USD for a 1,500 ml Magnum bottle. Box wines are not allowed on board. If guests do not wish to pay the corkage fee, the wine will be held onboard and returned to the guests at the end of the cruise.

Sure you can have NCL hold your wine for you. NCL assigns three people per cruise to work 8 hour shifts manning the naughty room in a climate controlled environment. They do this so that people like yourself can check your wine out whenever you feel like it lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First, I pack all my bottles in sealed and padded bags. In all the years of travelling never once has a bottle broken.

Second, yes, I was looking for someone else to bring my bottles onto the ship for me. Doesn't everyone have the right for the cruise ship to bring their suitcases on board for them?

NCL beverage policy does not differentiate between wine carried on or placed in luggage.

Yes, guests may bring sealed bottles of wine on board for personal consumption. They will be checked prior to embarkation and a corkage fee applied at that time of $15.00 USD for a 750 ml Bottle or $30.00 USD for a 1,500 ml Magnum bottle. Box wines are not allowed on board. If guests do not wish to pay the corkage fee, the wine will be held onboard and returned to the guests at the end of the cruise.

You'll note that in the quoted NCL policy it states that the wine is "checked PRIOR to embarkation and a corkage fee applied at that time", and that if guests do not wish to pay the corkage fee, "the wine will be held onboard and returned to the guests at the END of the cruise". Nothing about returned to you on demand and pay as you go.

But, you do not need to store your wine in your cabin. Either carry it on and pay corkage at embarkation, or let the ship send it to the naughty room where you can pick it up and pay. Then proceed to the nearest dining room or restaurant and have them take the wine for storage. You can then order it from any restaurant on the ship and it will be delivered to you and served at your table.

Right, didn't that answer your own question? You may pay the corkage fee 'prior to embarkation' OR 'wine will be held onboard and returned to the guest at the end of the cruise'... nothing in there implies to me that they would be willing to store your wine and allow you to retrieve it a bottle at a time at your convenience.

Now, since I've never brought wine onboard Norwegian, I won't if there is any ability to pay your corkage fee, get your stickers, and the return to the porters and have them take your back upstairs for you. That would be a reasonable request.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums