Almost 8pm and Fantasy is still in port. Anyone hear why?

Thorncroft

Another thread on here says they are having propulsion issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just curious....what happens then? If they can't get it fixed? They can't just get another boat to come get everyone....do they just send everyone home?

Carnival is offering 50% off this cruise and a future cruise, plus a $50 OBC for those who take the cruise to nowhere, should Fantasy be able to go at reduced speed.

Some passengers have chosen to disembark for a full refund, and apparently that it an option until 10:00 Central Time tonight.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

Carnival quit selling cruises on this boat through May 11th. They also won't refund or offer a switch to another boat for sailings leaving on Monday. They are claiming it is up to the coast guard, not them.

Are you suggesting they are going to stiff the cruisers and blame it on the Coast Guard?

Sent from my iPhone

So if her propulsion issues resulted in a cruise to nowhere, how do they deal with a shortage of foodstuffs sufficient to feed everyone? Without loads of passengers debarking for day-long port excursions and with only a handful who accepted the refund offer to not sail, I wonder how they manage this? Menus are pre-printed; pallets of food had been pre-ordered based on the original plans/numbers.

Just telling you what they said when called.I have no idea what there intentions are.

To sail if they can, it is what they do, but I would think you (or whomever) is sailing on the ship would take solace that the Coast Guard is the final arbiter in decisions like this. I wonder if our local expert will jump in with sage comments on the standards in areas like this.

Sent from my iPhone

Only what I read here. We all know CC is the last bastion of irrefutable cruise information.

Lol, scared me for a minute, I thought you were coming back and stating you were now ready to release you are secretly a big Whig in Miami.

Sent from my iPhone

So if her propulsion issues resulted in a cruise to nowhere, how do they deal with a shortage of foodstuffs sufficient to feed everyone? Without loads of passengers debarking for day-long port excursions and with only a handful who accepted the refund offer to not sail, I wonder how they manage this? Menus are pre-printed; pallets of food had been pre-ordered based on the original plans/numbers.

Ships take on plenty of provisions to deal with a situation such as this. A cruise could miss several ports and be fine, much less on a four night cruise with only one scheduled port day.

To sail if they can, it is what they do, but I would think you (or whomever) is sailing on the ship would take solace that the Coast Guard is the final arbiter in decisions like this. I wonder if our local expert will jump in with sage comments on the standards in areas like this.

Sent from my iPhone

I hear you and I understand. I was asked to go on this cruise but decided not to because I wasn't comfortable going on one of their older cruise ships in case of something like this.

It is hard for someone that has been saving to go on a cruise, took vacation, packed there bags, have 2 kids (1 with autism) and driving 14 hours to get to a boat that I would say is 50/50 at leaving port. I think it concerned her that they are no longer taking reservations for cruises for the next several weeks. Hopefully it is something they can fix while they are at sea and everything will be good.

I hear you and I understand. I was asked to go on this cruise but decided not to because I wasn't comfortable going on one of their older cruise ships in case of something like this.

It is hard for someone that has been saving to go on a cruise, took vacation, packed there bags, have 2 kids (1 with autism) and driving 14 hours to get to a boat that I would say is 50/50 at leaving port. I think it concerned her that they are no longer taking reservations for cruises for the next several weeks. Hopefully it is something they can fix while they are at sea and everything will be good.

It could be, too, that the ship is sold out through that time period. It could mean that they don't have much hope of an easy fix, or it could mean nothing.

I totally understand all of those thoughts. While I have no insight into whether taking reservations on the next couple of cruises is meaningful or not, it could simply be a caution to limit the number of people they will have to disappoint if the worst comes to pass. I'm sure they will let you know as soon as they know. Hope it works out.

Sent from my iPhone