Cruise Cash from The Fun Shops was a complete fail!

sengsational

Evidently your friend didn't check his onboard account because Cruise Cash is listed on there

Exactly...have never had an issue with cruise cash or bar cash...all you need to do is look at your account once in while on the trip (like to make sure you are not charged for something you did not purchase etc.). ;p

It was probably their first cruise. First time cruisers on their honeymoon rarely spend time looking at their onboard account. If you didn't know it was coming to you, how would you know to look for it?

Seems like people report this is happening way too often, a gift recipient shouldn't have to "chase down" the donor of a cash gift.

I would be more concerned that it was on there in error. If it were a bona fide gift then I'd be very pleased.

Similar thing happened to me, My mother and I were cruising with my brother and his family it was his 20th wedding anniversary. My brother and his wife are very frugal and tend to not spend much money on a cruise. We wanted them to splurge so we purchased a generous amount of cruise cash and arranged for a card to be delivered to announce the gift on the first day.

As we were on the same cruise, we expected a phone call or knock on the door shortly after we got into the room. Nothing no response. We waited until the next morning still no response, finally asked my brother he said he didnt get the card. I asked him to be sure and we checked the room... no card. We checked his room account no credit. I went to the front desk and they told me it would not post to his account until day 3 of the cruise. Sure enough day 3 card was in the room and credit was on the account.

I was also disappointed as I felt that the surprise of the gift was lost. Also, If I hadnt been there they would not have spent anything (ie soda packages, photo's gifts & spa ) as they would not have known the credit was coming.

For everyone saying as long as the money got there I think you miss the point. part of the process was going their knowing it was a gift and experiencing their reaction and knowing we rememebered their anniversary not just the money.

I purchase Cruise Cash on all of my cruises because I just like to prepay things. I've never had a problem with it and I've purchased for friends and family. First, they don't leave a card, it's a slip of paper which can easily go unnoticed. Second, you choose when you want it delivered to the cabin i.e. 1st, 2nd or 3rd day. Finally it does not show up on your account as cruise cash but as non refundable credit. If a cruiser is not expecting it, again it is easy to overlook..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I purchase Cruise Cash on all of my cruises because I just like to prepay things. I've never had a problem with it and I've purchased for friends and family. First, they don't leave a card, it's a slip of paper which can easily go unnoticed. Second, you choose when you want it delivered to the cabin i.e. 1st, 2nd or 3rd day. Finally it does not show up on your account as cruise cash but as non refundable credit. If a cruiser is not expecting it, again it is easy to overlook..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

THANK YOU!!! I've had the same experience and don't see how it could fail. No card, money in the account, done deal.

I've both used Cruise Cash as a way to fund my own cruise and to purchase gifts for others. The little slip of paper would be very easy to miss if delivered on the first day of a cruise as they drop off so many pieces of paper advertisements and just general "junk".

I've learned over the years to have things delivered on a different day. Mainly because it is easy for that one piece of paper to get lost with the excitement of embarkation. I always do it on a subsequent day or night just so it stands out. And I have never had it "fail".

Speaking of, I just opened another tab and sent an order through for some strawberries for a coworker! Thanks OP for the reminder! :D

This is why it is a bad idea to buy something for some one and not give them a heads up to expect it.

That piece of paper they leave is very easy to overlook and throw away with all the other junk you get.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What loxey said.

I have NEVER seen or read where Carnival would leave an actual card.

Perhaps the OP had unrealistic expectations and didn't understand how it worked. That's not Carnival's fault. These things happen.

We sometimes buy cruise cash for ourselves and always get a card telling us of the credit on our S&S. When you purchase, it asks what day you want it delivered. It is OBC, so it is not actually delivered it just appears on your account. What is actually delivered to the cabin is the card. They even ask you if you want to include a message such as "Bon Voyage".

OP had realistic expectations, but I agree with others that there is a 50/50 chance the card got delivered and overlooked with all the other junk you get on the first day of the cruise.

Carnival makes a lot of mistakes. I'm Platinum. Last cruise I didn't get the bottle of water, one of the bottles of wine someone sent me. Ordered a small cheese plate, got one that would have fed 2 football teams--it was gigantic! No goodie plate was sent. No CC meet and greet--said we didn't have enough people but we had well over 30. (Happened on previous cruise too.) I had to ask for all of the above and got them after quite a wait.

That's a bummer, we've ordered cruise cash and other gifts many times and never had an issue.

There is always a card, but it is quite small and easy to miss if you don't expect it to be there. It's about the size of a standard index card-folded in half with 10 pt. font.

Sounds like your friend did get the money though so I'm not sure why you spent an hour on the phone about it.

Same thing happened to me...but I was able to text my friends, and told them to expect a "surprise"...they said nothing had been delivered, so THEY checked on it, and finally Carnival got it to them.

I understand WHY the OP was upset...you want some acknowledgement of your "good deed"!

It's sort of like having flowers delivered to a funeral...you need to tell the florist that you WILL be there, or they send a bunch of crap!!

Sorry you had this experience.

Every time I have had a credit on my account and i didn't know where it came from i called guest services to see where it came from. Kind of surprised your friends didn't check on it. Still doesn't excuse carnival not sending the note.

This is why it is a bad idea to buy something for some one and not give them a heads up to expect it.

That piece of paper they leave is very easy to overlook and throw away with all the other junk you get.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yep...I have thrown away invites thinking they were typical auction or spa ads.