Who here likes the Specialty Dining Package?

Really? The cruise line assigns when you are to eat in a specialty restaurant if you are dining on a dining package?

I should have said I can't pick my times in advance. I like things taken care of before I get on board because I have had the experience of calling to make a reservation once on board and all the early times were taken (at the time I had a 7 year old and the earliest time they could offer me was 9pm). Admittedly, I didn't get on it right after I got on board. It may have even been day 2 if I remember right. It probably would have been fine if I'd done it on the first day, but that experience led me to decide I'd rather just have it all done before I get on board.

I know the package will cover some of the cost of an a la carte menu- does that mean I can use one of the nights at Vintages? I love the tapas there.

I don't believe Vintages an eligible selection for the dining packages.

You can call them from any house phone if you've boarded before the staterooms are ready. They don't fill up right away - we make our reservations after we've seen the menus for the MDR for the week, since we will visit there once or twice.

Also, if you are Diamond or higher or in a full suite, you have access to a Concierge. You can email him or her before the cruise to make your reservations for you without having to pay up front. I spend enough money on RCI that I don't want to miss out on a useful promotion.:)

where are MDR menus posted for the week. this is new info to me and fantastic if they do this

We just did the 3 night speciality dinning package on the Allure. We ate at Chops, Giovanni's table, and Izumi (we had the sushi). We have 3 kids and wanted to eat at 6:00 and had no problem getting reservations. We had been to Chops before but the other two were new to us. We enjoyed all three.

• 2 months later...
We bought the four night package in our last trip, no we couldn't reserve our times online. But within 15 minutes of being in board we'd gone to the restaurants and reserved the days and times we wanted for all 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have never used the packages but are looking at them for Allure in the fall. We usually eat at 4 or 5 of the specialty restaurants. Just so I get this straight, would not want to give wrong information to the DW you know.

We book the 5 night package for example. They book us for the first or second night in a specific restaurant. Once on board we will receive a list of all the reservations and we can then make adjustments to both the time and location if they are available? We like 150 and would like to do it twice for example. I assume they do not book you into the same location twice so we could drop one and double up on another? Thanks for the help and information.

We have never used the packages but are looking at them for Allure in the fall. We usually eat at 4 or 5 of the specialty restaurants. Just so I get this straight, would not want to give wrong information to the DW you know.

We book the 5 night package for example. They book us for the first or second night in a specific restaurant. Once on board we will receive a list of all the reservations and we can then make adjustments to both the time and location if they are available? We like 150 and would like to do it twice for example. I assume they do not book you into the same location twice so we could drop one and double up on another? Thanks for the help and information.

Royal only makes the reservation for the first night (and sometimes they don't even do that). On board you make all your other reservations.

Go to an open specialty restaurant upon boarding and find if they have scheduled one for that night. Make what reservations you want. We thought it was money well spent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To be honest they say they choose the first night (or second whichever you reserved) restaurant but day trip they did not have ours picked . We stopped by And made the reservations when we got on, took just a few minutes and booked where and when we wanted. Yes you can do each restaurant a few times I you want [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like to pick my dates and times myself ahead so I sort of compromised. I bought the bogo package and was able to reserve my times for first and second night just not the specific restaurants and then I paid for Chops and Jaimie's for 2 other nights that I was able to make advanced reservations for. It ended up costing me $7 more per person than the 4 night dining package and securing my dinner time was worth it for that. We don't like eating late. This is for Anthem.

We paid $80 for 3 nights on Allure. I wanted a 7:30 time but they said all they had was 6:30 or 9. I picked 6:30. Does that mean I have to eat at 6:30 all three nights? If I want to change or make an extra nights dinner reservation where do I go? What about making a spa reservation? Are dinner reservations and spa reservations made in the same place?

We paid $80 for 3 nights on Allure. I wanted a 7:30 time but they said all they had was 6:30 or 9. I picked 6:30. Does that mean I have to eat at 6:30 all three nights? If I want to change or make an extra nights dinner reservation where do I go? What about making a spa reservation? Are dinner reservations and spa reservations made in the same place?

Only the first night is 6:30pm. Go to any specialty restaurant to change.

Go to the spa to make spa reservations.

Anyone know off hand what specialty restaurants are on Freedom? Chops and what else?

Plus Giovanni's Table, Sabor, and Johnny Rockets. Free options are Windjammer, MDR, Sorrento's, and Cafe Promenade.