Excursions in Labadee Haiti

Excursions on Labadee are expensive, and totally unnecessary. We usually find a nice shady spot on Nellie's Beach, have loungers set up (tip the chair workers a few dollars), and have the most lovely and peaceful beach day. The water on the side of the peninsula that faces the ship is great for swimming/wading, and the water on the opposite side is great for watching the zipline.

RCI brings an included BBQ lunch ashore. There is a high-pressure Haitian Flea Market, and a low-key price-fixed Artesan's Market that only take cash. Otherwise, you can use your SeaPass for other purchases (beverages that aren't included).

I've done the zip line and the all day Alpine Coaster pass. Both were extremely enjoyable. If I went back I might try the water slide. People looked like they were having a bunch of fun on it. I also really enjoyed swimming at the beach that was furthest from the coaster area, I guess it's the beach that faces the ship itself. It was probably the nicest beach I've been to in all of the Caribbean.

I am going to Labadee in August, can anyone recommend some excursions

I recommend skipping any snorkeling excursions. We've done that twice on Labadee and were disappointed both times.

Our last cruise (2013) we did the sandbar excursion. There were approximately 25 on the boat. It was close enough we could still see the ship. This excursion went to a very small island with no restrooms or anything. We swam and used what few floats were available. We had four adult kids ages 25-28 plus the two of us (mid 50's) and it was awesome. It only allowed an hour on the island/sandbar.

This year we will be arriving in December. It was a bit confusing because there are two excursions that are very similar and we weren't sure if it is the same island/sandbar as last time with added bathrooms, chairs, hammocks, and a cash bar....we booked it anyway. It is a longer excursion, so hopefully it is worth the extra $. We just would like a little longer time on the island. The only issue is a.m. V's. P.m. So we opted for a.m. So we could go back and eat lunch and enjoy the beach on Labadee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been to this location on many cruises.

We have enjoyed the jet skis and are doing them for the fourth time this summer.

Loved the zip line having done it twice.

The dragons breath roller coaster is fun, did it twice, but the line can be painfully slow.

And

Save your money -- do not pay to ride the water slide.

No views

Can easily stop half way down and nothing fun about it.

Enjoy Labadee, we do.

Safe travels.

We did the zipline when we were there in 2013 and we'll do it again next month. Expensive but I thought it was sooooooo worth it. It's the longest zipline over water and the views are just incredible!! We use the rest of the day for a beach day.

You'll have a great time no matter what you choose!!

It's a beach day on a private beach. If you enjoy beaches, there is no need to spend a dime there (except for drinks, maybe!)

They do have MANY things to separate you from you money, tho....roller coaster, zip-line, watersports, cabana rentals, etc..

First time cruiser here. I was thinking of booking the zipline for my June cruise but I can't find it on my cruise planner anymore. Will it still be available on the cruise? Or does this mean all the spots are filled?

First time cruiser here. I was thinking of booking the zipline for my June cruise but I can't find it on my cruise planner anymore. Will it still be available on the cruise? Or does this mean all the spots are filled?

I don't know if it will become available pre-cruise. You can check onboard, and you can also sign up on Labadee.