Did I make a Mistake?

beeradley1

So I thought I was being smart by making reservations in the Steakhouse and Cucina Capitano on each of the sea days while we are aboard the Magic come this August. My thinking was that those would probably be the dress up nights and it would be nice to step up our dining experience since we are already dressed up. Then it just hit me that those are the two nights that the MDR does their "American Feast" menus. Am I missing out on the two best MDR dinners? I don't really care about the half priced wine in the Steakhouse so that doesn't factor in. Does anyone know what the meal choices are going to be on the American Feast nights??

Thanks in advance.

The first elegant evening has the free, albeit small, lobster. However, you can order as many as you like. The lobster lovers at my table on Vista ordered 2 each :).

If the last sea day is the last night before arriving at the home port, that will not be an elegant evening.

You can get larger better lobster tail in the Steakhouse and a Surf & Turf if you like. You also don't have to get dressed up at the specialty restaurants. When we cruise Carnival we eat all our dinners in the steakhouse just don't like the food in the MDR. You can cancel either restaurant anytime you want also.

You can get larger better lobster tail in the Steakhouse and a Surf & Turf if you like. You also don't have to get dressed up at the specialty restaurants. When we cruise Carnival we eat all our dinners in the steakhouse just don't like the food in the MDR. You can cancel either restaurant anytime you want also.

Correct. The Steakhouse follows the dress code of the MDR for that particular evening. You don't have to get all fancied up unless you want to.

Problem i see is that you will be missing out on the lobster in the MDR the first night. Prime rib the second (Wednesday).

I'm just off the Magic last week and I would NEVER do the steakhouse on elegant night for these reasons.

American Table is every night. Lobster and prime Rib only on elegant. .

Next Cruise - 4/8/17 Carnival Magic

Previous Cruises

Carnival Pride - 11/15

Carnival Pride - 1/15

Carnival Legend 4/14

RCCL Independence of the Seas 11/13

So Lobster and Prime rib on American Feast nights, huh? Hmmm. Think I'll move the steakhouse dinner to another night so I Don't miss the Lobster...not a fan of prime rib so i will keep the Cucina reservation.

Good info....thanks to all.

Problem i see is that you will be missing out on the lobster in the MDR the first night. Prime rib the second (Wednesday).

I'm just off the Magic last week and I would NEVER do the steakhouse on elegant night for these reasons.

American Table is every night. Lobster and prime Rib only on elegant. .

Previous Cruises

Carnival Pride - 11/15

Carnival Pride - 1/15

Carnival Legend 4/14

No prime rib on second elegant evening on any of my cruises. We did have it on the last night, though on both Glory and Vista.

c06051eb003f74400954d1e299285975.jpg

932f3ce010825e0b507f3e8af770dd2a.jpg

So Lobster and Prime rib on American Feast nights, huh? Hmmm. Think I'll move the steakhouse dinner to another night so I Don't miss the Lobster...not a fan of prime rib so i will keep the Cucina reservation.

EVERY night is American Table. No such thing as American Feast.

Previous Cruises

Carnival Pride - 11/15

Carnival Pride - 1/15

Carnival Legend 4/14

Previous Cruises

Carnival Pride - 11/15

Carnival Pride - 1/15

Carnival Legend 4/14

Regular nights are American Table. Elegant nights are American Feast. Says so right on the menus.

Did they change? I haven't seen Maine lobster tails being served before. Always rock/spiny lobster and usually the cheapest, smallest they can find from overseas...

They say they are Maine but I don't believe it.

Maybe it's the Main lobster but they spell Main incorrectly with an e on the end! LOL

Previous Cruises

Carnival Pride - 11/15

Carnival Pride - 1/15

Carnival Legend 4/14

Hobster: Look up at Post #7, the menu for Elegant Night says FEAST right at the top. It's quoted in the Fun Times as well. The American Feast brings out the tablecloths in the MDR's.

Just a warning that you will likely be bummed with the lobster as it is very small and mine has always been a little tough and rubbery when I get it in the MDR. The steakhouse lobster is pretty good but nothing like that great fresh lobster you can get in the ports! It's not from Maine but better than any Carnival MDR lobster. We always ask someone local where to get great grilled lobster and or crabs and it never fails us. good luck and have fun!

Another reason why we dine at the steakhouse especially for the steaks and the lobster, what you get in the MDR is rubbery, tough and small lobster tail which I am pretty sure may be out of a plastic bag from some other country, it is not fresh or on ice as the one you will get in the Steakhouse which is huge and sometimes they give two lobsters depending upon the size they have at that time. If you call the beef in the MDR meat well, to me its the lowest grade beef one can possibly buy, the prime rib or steaks I have at home are totally not what I get in the MDR, in fact, the last time I got prime rib in the MDR it was all fat and hardly any meat and the meat that was on it tasted tough and stale like, no more MDR for me unless the ship doesn't have a steakhouse then well, we all come back a few less pounds lol.