Last minute bookings

Aimeef12

So I am looking to take the May 29th- June 4th cruise on the Breakaway from NYC sailing to Bermuda. I was planning to book it first week of May, but I have been watching the prices for the last week or so and all the sailings to Bermuda from NYC have been fluctuating. Last year I got an AMAZING deal on the Gem a week and a half before sailing. I am not locked into that specific date but any suggestions on the best time to book last minute? 1 week prior 2 weeks prior? I am price watching daily!!

So I am looking to take the May 29th- June 4th cruise on the Breakaway from NYC sailing to Bermuda. I was planning to book it first week of May, but I have been watching the prices for the last week or so and all the sailings to Bermuda from NYC have been fluctuating. Last year I got an AMAZING deal on the Gem a week and a half before sailing. I am not locked into that specific date but any suggestions on the best time to book last minute? 1 week prior 2 weeks prior? I am price watching daily!!

There was a similar thread about 2-3 weeks ago with people lamenting about the last minute deals had vanished this year so maybe find that for some feedback.

There was a similar thread about 2-3 weeks ago with people lamenting about the last minute deals had vanished this year so maybe find that for some feedback.

Thanks for the feedback will look into that! I hope they are not gone I love a good deal lol

What category are you looking to book? Every sailing is unique, but to use May 7th as an example, insides dropped $200pp last week, and are back up again. After a decent price drop yesterday, we upgraded to an H9 from an M9, and the price of our old room went up $50, as it was previously sold out before we moved.

Different ship, different itineray & ports - NYC homeport, complex equation requiring calculus. There might be college grads looking to celebrate so inventory & prices might vary widely. We are on the GEM, t minus 11 days and prices came down, just yesterday, we had 3 new solo joining the Roll Call last wee, all just booked with deals. Still a good # of unsold inventories for new booking - if you are comfortable with the package price, do it (24 hours to cancel, free & no charge, using credit card)

The bombshell - Upgrade Advantage notifications / decisions being made as of this morning that I can speak of, one expired, one accepted and one set pending.

Is there a plan B in case you wait for prices to drop further and then, it sold out & you will be on land for that week ?

I think it depends on the type of cabin you want, here are my observations. Lower cabins don't seem to get many last minute significant price drops, maybe $100pp or so at one to two weeks out, that don't make waiting worthwhile due to getting less favorable cabin choices - often only as guarantees. I've noticed the drops in these categories often start a few weeks earlier and can be in small stages. Sometimes the larger drops will happen months in advance and are probably due to lackluster early sales. Balconies and minis are unpredictable and often only change small amounts last minute, again their prices seem to get the larger adjustments earlier. To me waiting for the lowest possible price is not worth the downside of poor cabin choices. Suites will more frequently drop anywhere from one month to two weeks out, but are totally dependent on how booked the category is. I have also seen suite prices skyrocket in the last few weeks with unchanged availability, probably due to the bidding process ramping up. Unpredictability is NCL's friend. If you see a last minute deal on an acceptable cabin, grab it. Flexibility is the best strategy I know.