Sea Witch Beer

westcliffo

I asked Princess about it on Twitter. It has been discontinued and there are no plans for a specific replacement. They also said they hoped I enjoyed the variety they still have onboard. Unfortunately I do not as their selection is very poor indeed; awful American domestic beers or run of the mill alternatives at exorbitant prices. Hopefully they'll review at some point as I know their competitors provide better variety and quality.

Please let me know if any micro brewery shows up on Alaskan cruises.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Just back from the Grand Alaskan Cruise our of SF. They started selling Alaskan Brewing Co. Amber, Summer and White by the third or forth day into the cruise. That is on the micro brew beer.

We love good beer of many kinds including IPA. The Sea Witch wasn't a very good IPA but it was better than the normal stuff Princess carries. With the AIBP on our next two cruises we "may" drink some beer but, then again, given the normal choices offered by Princess we may not. Now if only I could get a good Oatmeal Stout or an Imperial Stout onboard. :hearteyes:

Just back from the Grand Alaskan Cruise our of SF. They started selling Alaskan Brewing Co. Amber, Summer and White by the third or forth day into the cruise. That is on the micro brew beer.

Hooray! I love all of these and I'm really glad Princess is serving them again. The Sea Witch beers were awful!

Seawitch IPA is (was) an average IPA that I wouldn't necessarily drink at a land based craft brewer. BUT on a Princess cruiseship it was about as good as it gets. Most beer drinkers are used to drinking light lager style beer, an IPA is not the flavor they are dreaming about when they order.

Seawitch IPA is (was) an average IPA that I wouldn't necessarily drink at a land based craft brewer. BUT on a Princess cruiseship it was about as good as it gets. Most beer drinkers are used to drinking light lager style beer, an IPA is not the flavor they are dreaming about when they order.

Most of the "beers" people like and drink onboard wouldn't even be considered beer in some countries. Bud, Coors, etc. have about a bazillion additives. Beer should be made from Water, Barley, Hops, and Yeast.

Most of the "beers" people like and drink onboard wouldn't even be considered beer in some countries. Bud, Coors, etc. have about a bazillion additives. Beer should be made from Water, Barley, Hops, and Yeast.

Which is why I usually stick to Becks - Rheinheitsgebot and all that. (Except on P&O ships which have all sorts of lovely beers - Tanglefoot, London Pride etc..)