Wow! couple reaches 200th Carnival cruise.

tallnthensome

I'm sure I won't hit 20. Good for them but I was thinking that 200 would get boring to me. I'd sure give it a go though. That would be the one good thing about living in Florida. Wouldn't have to spend as much on air as the cruise costs.

Two Hundred cruises is a lot of time spent on the water just think if the cruise fare was say 800 dollars that is 160 thousand dollars, guess if you have it you might as well spend it or someone else will. More power to them.

Gary

I'm pretty sure I've met that couple on Carnival Paradise in 2015. They were at our dinner table the first night and as soon as everyone started introducing themselves, the man said something like, "We have been on 100 cruises so if anyone has any questions, just ask us." Everyone at the table had cruised before so it was kind of awkward. The next night the couple wasn't at our table anymore. I thought maybe they were disappointed that they couldn't tell us all about cruising, but I saw them later on and they said they had switched to early dinner.

What they have accomplished is nice, but not that exceptional. The only thing that is noteworthy is the number of Carnival cruises. There were obviously many short cruises because their average is 4 days per cruise.

I only have 121 total cruises spread over 3 lines, 117 of those occurring since 2005. Because I tend to take longer cruises I have a total of 881 days on ships ( 3 more than the 200 cruise couple) and I am boarding the Freedom of the Seas for a 14-day Transatlantic on Sunday.

Is my cruise history worth accolades and recognition? No. Will I receive any recognition? No, except sometimes having the most days and getting a plaque at the Diamond Platinum reunion party. Do I deserve anything more than that? No

We've sailed with them a couple of times - most recently on the Liberty 2/23/17. Both times we met them at the (Diamond) Captain's tea, something they never skip!

The Caffarys, who have been retired since 2000, estimate their trips have cost over $175,000. Creatures of habit, the couple books the same suite "about 90 percent of the time."

Regarding the article, I'm not sure how they've sailed 200 cruises and managed an average rate of $875 for the two of them, in a suite, unless they're getting a "quantity discount"! :D

Tom