shore excursion credit onboard?

nancydow

First off, have a wonderful transatlantic cruise. This is on my bucket list to do someday. I never asked for a supervisor, but I am glad someone did! I will worry about the rebate on the last day of the cruise. Until that day, I will enjoy every second of my Baltic cruise!

Thanks so much!

This will be our first Transatlantic, too, so you can imagine our excitement!

In comparison to what we are spending on this cruise, the $100 back on 2 excursions will be “nice”, but not “noticeable”, I’m sure! Haha!

The WiFi and Drink offers did not appeal to us, so we have the ShorEx one, by default, along with the Dinners.

I’m confident NCL will deliver on all fronts, as they always have for us! [emoji2]

• 3 months later...

Just came off the Escape. Shore excursion credits were posted as described above. Took one, credit given that night. Only up to amount purchased if under your allowance. For example, I only got $45 credit for a beach excursion instead of the full $50 since the excursion only cost $45.

But I thought this $50 that was going to be credited to us was refundable OBC? We're hoping so. We have a pretty big chunk of non-refundable OBC ($900) to use on next month's cruise. Especially if it is going to show up late, I don't want to be scrambling to spend it the last day.

If you plan to use the ShorEx credit perk simply follow the terms of promotion. I've done it several times, it works and is easy to do. I just reserved 3 excursion for my upcoming Christmas cruise.

1. Call to reserve your excursions prior to sailing, you are not charged at that time, but you will be provided a price for the excursion (write it down, it won't show on the Amenities Invoice)
  2. Tickets for the excursions will be in your cabin at check in
  3. Take the excursion as planned, your account is charged for the excursion
  4. $50 credit is placed on the account, balance remains, your $900 OBC can be applied to the balance
  5. Option - book or change your excursion onboard, charged onboard, credit applied after you take the excursion and balance is charged to the account like any onboard purchase

One thing that did surprise me is the perk is treated as a true credit: take an excursion in a port, get a $50 credit, not up to $50. I took an excursion that cost less than $50 and still received a $50 credit for that port.

Have fun ashore!

Now I don't know if the NCL rep was full of crap or not but they told me I just book online and pay like normal. Then after I take the excursion the $50 will be refunded by the method of payment used to make the excursion. It doesn't got into OBC, it will go back onto your credit card.

He was full of crap. Call and cancel the tours then rebook with reservations only!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked online and payed online. We were then "refunded" as a refundable credit to our onboard account after each port was visited and the excursion completed. However because of onboard spending there was by the end of the cruise, nothing left to refund lol[emoji1]

Sent from my LG-H831 using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Does anyone know how it works for 2 people in a cabin who have separate OB accounts? 

Does the $50 credit go on guest #1 or is it divided between them with $25 per person on each separate account?

The $50 credit goes on the account of the first person named on your cabin after you have completed the excursion.

Guest #1 can go to guest services and have the $25 transferred to guest #2 account after the credits have been applied.

12 hours ago, herdingdogmom said:

The $50 credit goes on the account of the first person named on your cabin after you have completed the excursion.

Guest #1 can go to guest services and have the $25 transferred to guest #2 account after the credits have been applied.

Thanks so much for that.  It really helps!  🏝️