Norwegian Star

8228gl

Agree with ExpatBride. Our best cruise was on the Star. The crew were warm, friendly and attentive. The food was great and the entertainment really good. For us, the Star is just the right size ship. Big enough to have fun but not so big that you are stuck in lines and crowds. We stayed in the family suite twice and it is still our favorite cabin. NCL's prices have increased dramatically for suites over the past 4 years so we have switched over to another line that is more affordable for suites. We have fond memories of our time though!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. We have a forward balcony on deck 9 so really looking forward to the cruise.

We have three speciality dinners who were free when we booked. Can these be shared amongst our friends and family who are travelling or not, and does your room card have your photo on it.

Thanks for the replies. We have a forward balcony on deck 9 so really looking forward to the cruise.

We have three speciality dinners who were free when we booked. Can these be shared amongst our friends and family who are travelling or not, and does your room card have your photo on it.

The speciality dinners are assigned to a specific person and can not be shared amongst your friends and family.

As stated above, Specialty Dinners and other benefits (like beverage package) are assigned to a specific individual.

Your card doesn't have a photo of you on it, but when anyone swipes it your photo pops up on their computer screen.

We LOVE the Star. :)

gary

There appears to be about 2 weeks in May of next year that doesn't have any itineraries scheduled

Actually the Star is Venice to Venice every week in May except May 7 to May 14. This isn't enough time nor a good location for a dry dock so I would speculate that it is either very minor repairs or more likely a private charter.

Actually the Star is Venice to Venice every week in May except May 7 to May 14. This isn't enough time nor a good location for a dry dock so I would speculate that it is either very minor repairs or more likely a private charter.

I think he was talking about May 2018.

At least I hope so, since I'm booked on the Venice RT from May 7, 2017 to May 14, 2017.

We did a B2B on the Star in the Fall of 2014. The crew was nice, but we did have some wait staff that didn't appear properly trained. It wasn't a huge problem.

What I didn't like about the Star was the configuration of the ship. It was the only ship that we have cruised on that didn't have the buffet restaurant open to the aft of the ship, with a sunset bar.

Our last cruise was on the NCL Sun in Alaska and great. The food was the best we have ever had on NCL.

our first NCL was on teh Star. i then did the Baltics last May on the Star. we are signed up again for the full transit panama canal on her next year. despite the recent azipod issues, she's a great ship, and we love that she is the one who got me addicted to cruising, after a horrible experience on Carnival the first time that made me never want to try cruising again!

The speciality dinners are assigned to a specific person and can not be shared amongst your friends and family.

Adherence to this policy is spotty. We used our UDP to treat friends on the Star in January. The just removed it from our total package.

We have just come off the Star ( Venice to Venice) and we have had a wonderful time . The crew were great, food was great and our room was kept lovely and clean all the time. I cannot fault it .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you tell what the shows were, What night they were on and at what time please.

The Missus likes her shows and I like my food ;p

We have just come off the Star ( Venice to Venice) and we have had a wonderful time . The crew were great, food was great and our room was kept lovely and clean all the time. I cannot fault it .

What time did embarkation start in Venice? Excited to be on the ship very soon.

Can you tell what the shows were, What night they were on and at what time please.

The Missus likes her shows and I like my food ;p

Hi

There was a very good Motown group one night and a magician , acrobatic show and the Ncl singers and dancers were very good too they did a really good Bert Bacaratt show on the last night. I'm not sure what nights the others were on ( blame the UBP !) but most were either 7.30:9.30 pm.

We found the food to be very good except on the last night o'Sheances did the prime rib but mine was very tough and fatty!

Hope that helps

Kim

What time did embarkation start in Venice? Excited to be on the ship very soon.

Hi

We went straight to the ship from the airport we landed about 11.40am and had prebooked a taxi with connectotransfers .com who were there waiting. When we got to the ship we they were already boarding and we had priority boarding anyway. But all the rooms were ready to go into which was good as no carting hand luggage around.

Kim

Hi

There was a very good Motown group one night and a magician , acrobatic show and the Ncl singers and dancers were very good too they did a really good Bert Bacaratt show on the last night. I'm not sure what nights the others were on ( blame the UBP !) but most were either 7.30:9.30 pm.

We found the food to be very good except on the last night o'Sheances did the prime rib but mine was very tough and fatty!

Hope that helps

Kim

Thanks Kim,

I'm sure will find something to watch while I keep the UBP ticking over :cool: