smoked salmon on the Allure

I am a salmon lover and have always looked forward to having smoked salmon for breakfast every morning on our RCCL cruises. I seem to remember, though, that RCCL no longer offers it every morning in the Windjammer. :mad: When my husband and I were on the Oasis several years ago, I ran all over the ship looking for it and finally found some in the Park Cafe and the Solarium Bistro. So, just wondering if and where I can expect to find it on the Allure when I cruise this August.

Thanks in advance. Gotta have my smoked salmon fix. ;)

I am a salmon lover and have always looked forward to having smoked salmon for breakfast every morning on our RCCL cruises. I seem to remember, though, that RCCL no longer offers it every morning in the Windjammer. :mad: When my husband and I were on the Oasis several years ago, I ran all over the ship looking for it and finally found some in the Park Cafe and the Solarium Bistro. So, just wondering if and where I can expect to find it on the Allure when I cruise this August.

Thanks in advance. Gotta have my smoked salmon fix. ;)[/

MDR has a Salmon/Bagel platter and you can ask for it in the Windjammer where the Bagels are.

Thanks

I think you can find it in the MDR and Windjammer, though you may have to ask if you don't see it. It seems to be becoming one of those "on request" items.

We were on the Allure in February and it was available every day in WJ. I know, because my husband ate it every day. And Sunday we get on the Allure again and just a few minutes ago he reminded me that he's going to have it every morning for breakfast. I don't even like the smell, so that's why we cruise so often so he can have his smoked salmon. hahaha

Thanks for the prompt replies. I didn't think about the MDR since we have never really eaten there for breakfast; except for the Diamond breakfast DR on the last couple of cruises. I might check it out and ask around in the Windjammer.

Thanks for the prompt replies. I didn't think about the MDR since we have never really eaten there for breakfast; except for the Diamond breakfast DR on the last couple of cruises. I might check it out and ask around in the Windjammer.

It should also be in the Diamond Lounge during the continental breakfast period.

Last week, smoked salmon was readily available in the WJ and diamond lounge on the Allure. It seems like last year, it wasn't available everyday in the WJ on Adventure and Explorer. Maybe enough people asked about it, that Royal brought it back daily.

Smoked Salmon was available every day (4 of 7) we ate in WJ on Allure this past March. Can't say it was there EVERY day but was out when we were there.

BTW, in our opinion our least favorite breakfast we enjoyed on the Allure was in the MDR. I'd say favorite was a tie between WJ (variety) and Johnny Rockets (table service, good eggs and a little less hectic than WJ). As food tastes and expectations tends to be a very subjective YMMV.

As others have said, if you don't see it in the Windjammer, ask for it.

Smoked Salmon is my favorite breakfast item too, and I've never had a problem getting it on any RCI ship. It is usually on the buffet, but if not, just ask.

I'm trying to remember, in the Windjammer, if they don't have smoked salmon out on the buffet (but you can request it), do they still have capers and onions out somewhere on the buffet? I'm vaguely remembering these items being on the buffet near the cold sliced meats/sausage, but I could be wrong.

I will be on the Oasis in September. Smoked salmon for breakfast just about every morning is a tradition with us. It isn't a cruise without it. That is about the only place I have it. I don't even eat a bagel...just the salmon!