Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Hello Danish Viking,

thanks for all your helpful information. We are planning to bike from the Scandic to Nyhavn. Is there somewhere we can safely leave the bicycles so we can walk around freely or is that not a good idea? We don't want to push the bikes around while in the area, hoping to go into shops and restaurants.

Also, we will be taking the train to Sweeden to visit family. Will we be able to pay for our train tickets with a credit card, our preferred credit card would be discover.

Is Discover accepted easily?

Thanks! Diana

The locals park their bikes everywhere so just park them next to the others.

I am pretty sure that if the machines can't take your card you can go to the ticket office.

Hi Danish Viking,

We have a flight delay and won't arrive until 9:00 pm. Would like to know if the Copenhagen card can be picked up at airport after we arrive since we need it to take the train. Also if the train to Copenhagen Central Station (We are staying at Scandic Copenhagen) will still be running after we arrive. Thanks.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Danish Viking for your help. What would your recommendation be for getting from the airport (Norwegian Airlines) to Hotel Bethel? I appreciate your advice. Vicki

Yes you can pick up the Copenhagen Card at the information desk just outside customs after the bagage claim area.

Yes the Øresund train runs almost 24/7 but maybe only every 20th minute at that hour.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Hello Danish Viking! Thank you for being our contact and help...I'd like to know the detail of landing at the Copenhagen airport and taking a train to what I think is the central station. Our hotel is the hotel Nebo, which is very close to it..at least on a map..and then, the best way to get to the port, which right now, I'm thinking is a cab..thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are planning to use the HOHO bus for the day when we visit. We dock at Oceankaj but are wondering where we can purchase tickets, thanks.

There's also the redbus HOHO https://www.redbuses.com/our-tours/copenhagen-hop-hop-off-tour/ There's a 10% off discount code on the web site banner. They also have other countries so one payment can handle multiple ports. 48 hours are 30 Euro.

So we will have far too much luggage to manage to use public transport after our cruise. The cruise line is telling us that there are very few taxis available at oceankaj and so we should sign up for their port transfer. I feel like this is a sales ploy (at 30$ a person, that's $120!!!! )So even though a taxi would be more expensive that public transport, I still feel that it would be a better deal than the cruise shuttle. What is your opinion on this? Is there a website where one can "reserve" a taxi?

Thank you Danish Viking for your help. What would your recommendation be for getting from the airport (Norwegian Airlines) to Hotel Bethel? I appreciate your advice. Vicki

Metro line M2 from the airport to Kongens Nytorv, from there its an easy walk.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Kongens+Nytorv,+1050+K%C3%B8benhavn/Hotel+Bethel,+Nyhavn,+K%C3%B8benhavn+K/@55.6791193,12.585862,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525317956e2b27:0xbcf5dbf2ceefc16b!2m2!1d12.5850941!2d55.6794545!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533d2fb4cf43:0xbb1dd357d932167!2m2!1d12.5909955!2d55.6794313!3e2

Hello Danish Viking! Thank you for being our contact and help...I'd like to know the detail of landing at the Copenhagen airport and taking a train to what I think is the central station. Our hotel is the hotel Nebo, which is very close to it..at least on a map..and then, the best way to get to the port, which right now, I'm thinking is a cab..thanks in advance!

Yes its the central stations or Københavns Hovedbanegård (København H)

You just continue straight ahead when you exit the baggage claim area and go to track 2.

When at track 2 you get on any train from there (all stops at the central station), the train will most likely stop at Tårnby and Ørestad before it stops at the central station.

From the central station you just use the entrance on the left side of the main hall (opposite the Tivoli entrance)

Yes the easiest way to the cruise terminal is by taxi but also more expensive.

But if you take any train for Østerport and then change to bus 25 or 27 you can then go for only 24 kroner per person.

So we will have far too much luggage to manage to use public transport after our cruise. The cruise line is telling us that there are very few taxis available at oceankaj and so we should sign up for their port transfer. I feel like this is a sales ploy (at 30$ a person, that's $120!!!! )So even though a taxi would be more expensive that public transport, I still feel that it would be a better deal than the cruise shuttle. What is your opinion on this? Is there a website where one can "reserve" a taxi?

You can´t reserve a taxi but from what the other cruisers has posted here this season it seems like there is no or very little waiting time for a taxi.

The most extreme I have heard was 30 minute but that was on the busiest day of the entire season.

Hi Danish Viking. Thanks for all the great information. We will be staying at Hotel Kong Authur (Norre Sogade 11) from Aug. 22nd thru Aug. 26th. First, is this in a nice area? Or do you know anything about the hotel? It looked nice online, so hoping it will be. We purchased the 72 hour Copenhagen Card, so will just use it to take the metro to Norreport and then walk from there. Is there any advantage between train and metro? We want to take a canal tour, rosenborg palace and see the crown jewels, Rundetaarn, tivoli, go to Thursday Tartlets in front of Torvehallerne sometime on Thursday, walk around Nyhavn, shop a little on Stroget, street food on Papiroen, maybe Glyptoteket, possibly Rosenborg Castle, possibly Christianborg Palace, and take a bus across the bridge to Sweeden and take a canal tour there. Is there any way to fit all of this in, and could you possibly organize by what is closest and would fit the best together. Is there anything else that we definitely shouldn't miss?? Then on the 26th we will take bus number 25 from norreport to the cruise ship terminal. Thanks for your help!!!

Its a nice trendy part of town you have selected and you are withing walking distance of most things, I can´t say anything about the hotel but reviews on tripadviser should give you a good Idea.

I would actually say that its better to take the Øresund train to Nørreport as the Metro can get really crowded, its not a problem since the airport is the first stop so you should be able to get a seat but the train is bigger and more comfy.

Most of the places like Rundetaarn, Rosenborg etc are very near to the hotel, When you visit Papirøen (CPH Street Food) and Nyhavn/canal tour you can save some time and energy by taking the metro to Kongens Nytorv instead.

Tivoli is best done in the evening so you can enjoy the lights + the other attractions will then be closed.

Malmö is a wonderful city but its not much you can see by a canal tour, instead I would take the train and visit the city by foot instead.

If you want something else completely I would suggest that you continue on the train to the university and Cathedral city of Lund instead.

Its only 10 minutes extra by train and they run every 20th minute.

70 year old and daughter 37 will be staying pre cruise at the Radisson Blu on the nights of 27/28 August 2017. Could you please recommend a tour for the 28th that has hotel pickup/dropoff. We want to see whatever we can in 5 to 7 hours.

Also interested in evening tour on the 27th under the same pickup/drop-off conditions.

Any advice is most appreciated. :)

Thank you for all this information on Copenhagen.

5 adults and (1) 3 year old arriving on 6/20 (the day before departure) for NCL Getaway Cruise.

Staying at Marriott hotel. We will have quite a bit of luggage as we will travel to Italy after 9 night cruise. So I do not think we will be able to handle public transit.

Questions:

• Most efficient as well as least expensive transport to hotel from CPH?
  • Most efficient as well as least expensive transport to cruise port from Marriott Hotel?
  • We are booked on 10:20am flight to Rome Italy(we have priority status with NCL and will carry off all luggage) on Norwegian Air with Express Check In. What is the Most efficient and least expensive transport to CPH on day of debarkation (6/30/2017)

Thanking you in advance for your response.

The answer to all 3 questions is to get a taxi minivan as private car hire is way to expensive.

As your ship is the only one docked at Oceankaj that day it should be easy to get a taxi, If I was you I would plan to be at the airport no later than 09:00 because the lines at security can be long (around 20 minutes when it gets busy)

So get on a taxi around 08:15 as the travel time depending on traffic can take from between 25 to 45 minutes.

Danish Viking! My friends are staying at the Absalon Hotel in the meat packing district. I read some bad reviews on TripAdvisor especially ones regarding this hotel is right in the middle of the red light district, so if you have your windows open all you hear all night are pimps, drunks and Prostitutes arguing with one another, that along with emergency vehicles and lights and sirens. Should I tell them to change hotels?

Well Absalon is located in the Vesterbro district, the meatpacking district is located very close by but its not the same place.

Yes the hotel is located next to Istedgade that is a wannabe red light district.

When I say wannabe i mean that its not as bad as it was 10-20 years ago.

Vesterbro has seen alot of gentrification and now hosts alot of trendy cafés and hotels, probably helped by the nearby popular meatpacking district.

But yes you still see the sex shops and other funny establishments and yes there might be prostitutes on the street corner but its not that bad.

If its possible they can avoid most of the problems with noise etc if they can find a room not facing the street.

And if its to big an issue then book at the First Hotel Mayfair or Scandic Webers that are located on/near the same street but further away from Istedgade.

But look at the reviews on TripAdvisor and read the newest reviews.

The answer to all 3 questions is to get a taxi minivan as private car hire is way to expensive.

As your ship is the only one docked at Oceankaj that day it should be easy to get a taxi, If I was you I would plan to be at the airport no later than 09:00 because the lines at security can be long (around 20 minutes when it gets busy)

So get on a taxi around 08:15 as the travel time depending on traffic can take from between 25 to 45 minutes.

Oh believe me... we will be the first people to get off the ship! If I have anything to do with it! LOL Any idea how much a taxi minivan will cost for these trips? (Approximate?) And can I use my American Express (If you happen to know... )

Well Absalon is located in the Vesterbro district, the meatpacking district is located very close by but its not the same place.

Yes the hotel is located next to Istedgade that is a wannabe red light district.

When I say wannabe i mean that its not as bad as it was 10-20 years ago.

Vesterbro has seen alot of gentrification and now hosts alot of trendy cafés and hotels, probably helped by the nearby popular meatpacking district.

But yes you still see the sex shops and other funny establishments and yes there might be prostitutes on the street corner but its not that bad.

If its possible they can avoid most of the problems with noise etc if they can find a room not facing the street.

And if its to big an issue then book at the First Hotel Mayfair or Scandic Webers that are located on/near the same street but further away from Istedgade.

But look at the reviews on TripAdvisor and read the newest reviews.

Thank You

Oh believe me... we will be the first people to get off the ship! If I have anything to do with it! LOL Any idea how much a taxi minivan will cost for these trips? (Approximate?) And can I use my American Express (If you happen to know... )

Airport to hotel probably around 300.

Hotel to port around 200.

Port to airport around 400.

I have probably rounded up a little but it shouldn't be that far off.

If you type your adresses into the taxi price calculator that is linked to on the first page you can see a more precise price.

Look for the prices in column 3 and 4 as they will indicate a price for a large taxi.

Btw i have a hard time typing in an address when on my mobile so maybe type the address on Google Maps and type in the distance in kilometers instead (remember to convert from miles)

Taxinord.dk/calc

Edited by Danish viking