Captain Marvin

• 2 months later...

We used them in April 2016 and they were awesome. Going to use them again in April 2017. Their office is right across the street from the cruise dock too. walk right out the gate and across the street to their office and they have you get in a van from there and take you to the boat. After your done they bring you right back.

• 1 month later...

I have been looking into Captain Marvin's... Hoping for an early and a shorter tour.

Anyhow, there is just no real information or specifics on the web-site.

I am not even seeing the catamaran listed.

They do not give any times or schedules for their different tours.

Almost seems evasive. (Not the only Stingray tour provider who seems to be this way)

And, not happy with a recent video posted of their guide man-handling the docile rays.

I am not going to post a link, but it is out there. Video recently posted from a tour earlier this year.

I am still having a lot of second thoughts about trying to book with them.

I am not booking an excursion where the 'time will vary'.

I am hoping to be able to plan my day. And do not want the one excursion to lock up my whole day.

Captain Marvin's does seem to offer the earliest and shortest tour. (other than RedSail's Breakfast Tour)

So, this may, ultimately, be the one we book.

I wish I had never seen the one video, along with reading reviews from those who went with other tour providers who mention the other 'aggressive' tour guides that they saw.

I am not booking an excursion where the 'time will vary'.

I am hoping to be able to plan my day. And do not want the one excursion to lock up my whole day.

Captain Marvin's does seem to offer the earliest and shortest tour. (other than RedSail's Breakfast Tour)

So, this may, ultimately, be the one we book.

I wish I had never seen the one video, along with reading reviews from those who went with other tour providers who mention the other 'aggressive' tour guides that they saw.

The times will be known in advance. If you contact the companies, they can tell you the times for their tours on the day you are in port. They just change the times each day/week to match the ship schedules. For example, it wouldn't be good sense for a company to offer a tour departing at 8am if none of the ships arrived until 10am that day.

And all the guides pick up the stingrays and hold them for people to take photos with them, whether they're supposed to or not. And they'll likely keep doing that as long as there's tourists that ask them to do it.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We booked Captain Marvins through Cruise Excursioneer last May. I would highly recommend this crew. From the bus driver giving us a brief history of the island to the guide spotting star fish from the upper deck, everything was perfect. We had a small group compared to the mega boats on the sandbar. While coming up the ladder from snorkeling, I took in some water. Now I tell people the Caymans flow through my veins! I'm truly enchanted by Grand Cayman.

is it ever an issue using Captain Marvin (or any other independent tour operator) for this excursion when you have to TENDER? Wondering how long it takes to get a tender off the ship if you are not going a tour through your cruiseline

is it ever an issue using Captain Marvin (or any other independent tour operator) for this excursion when you have to TENDER? Wondering how long it takes to get a tender off the ship if you are not going a tour through your cruiseline

Tender over was not bad. We had FTTF so we had priority tendering. We still had time to check in and go to the coffee shop on the square - free wifi. We did do an early booking. When we got back we ate at Burger King & went souvenir hunting. When you get back in the tender line the wait is somewhat long, but I doubt they would leave without you :o. One tip do not look around for your excursion group, you have to walk to Captains. Ask someone in a shop, but it is a couple of blocks from port. Oh yeah, never felt uncomfortable walking around like Jamaica or Cozumel.

I am looking at an RCL Adventure OTS itinerary with a stop in GC from 7-3:30. I assume CM will work around those times but if anyone has any experience w/it I’d appreciate hearing about it. Also, on they day I’m looking at, there are 2 other ships there, the MSC Seaside and the Pullmantur Monarch. Will that make tendering a longer process? TIA.