Staying on Board

Quick question - if it is not a European cruise can you pay to stay on board if you have a later flight?

Nope. I have had plenty of late flights before. I just ask to be put into the "last number" off the ship. That has normally

been between 9:30-10:00.

Quick question - if it is not a European cruise can you pay to stay on board if you have a later flight?

No, all passengers have to be scanned off the ship, well from the US/Caribbean at least, they do sell passes for ex Europe cruises and I believe they are trying to work out a way for the US option to but I don't believe it's been done yet,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, just come off the Constellation (Singapore to Abu Dhabi) and you could purchase a 'package' to stay on board - still had to vacate room but could use pool, lounges, buffet etc. Not sure about drinks. The cost was $39. I believe you could stay on until 3pm.

Thanks. I guess we'll try and find a hotel nearby for the day - any suggestions?

What city? Cruise? Date?.....there are alot of factors.......if you are sailing over (spring break for example) many hotels

will be booked solid. Also, depending on the hotel, many do not offer day rooms.

Thank you for pointing this out! I know where I'm going and I expect CC to be mind readers. We need a room for the day on 7 July either near Newark airport or cape liberty.

Best way to get information on that area of the country is to go to the "East Coast Forum".....there are many, MANY threads

over there concerning Newark/NY/Cape Liberty hotels, transportation, etc.

Thank you for pointing this out! I know where I'm going and I expect CC to be mind readers. We need a room for the day on 7 July either near Newark airport or cape liberty.

Marriott at airport has its own free shuttle. So close you could practically walk - except car traffic! Nice hotel, stayed their earlier this year with discount rate from major online website (trip adv.). Also have stayed at Holiday inn chain brand and Hilton chain brand hotels. Most you need to take luggage from airport to air train to shuttle terminal (P4 I think) then hotel shuttle so don't take a lot of luggage or consider the on site Marriott. Will be staying may 13th & go by price and distance from airport with Marriott being first choice if price is right!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

There is a Best Western at/near the airport that offers a "day rental" for $100....that gets you private room with bath from 9 a.m. 4 p.m. Not .sure if they offer pick up and return service, but if you go to their web site I'm sure you'll find that information. They also have a restaurant on premises.