Bag drop off Vancouver

Susie55

We arrive in Vancouver on Sunday leaving Carnival Legend after a 30 day transpacific cruise from Sydney. We haven't been to Vancouver before and we're leaving that afternoon on a 7 night Holland America cruise on the Noordam. Will we be able to check in our bags early at a drop off point as we did in Sydney? We'd like to do this so we can have a walk around before boarding. If not then should we opt for early or late disembarkation from our current cruise on the Legend? ( We are coming back to stay in Vancouver and Victoria after the Noordam cruise. ) In Sydney we dropped off our bags as soon as we arrived and then checked in at leisure. I'd love to know what's best to do with check in at Vancouver. Thanks!

We arrive in Vancouver on Sunday leaving Carnival Legend after a 30 day transpacific cruise from Sydney. We haven't been to Vancouver before and we're leaving that afternoon on a 7 night Holland America cruise on the Noordam. Will we be able to check in our bags early at a drop off point as we did in Sydney? We'd like to do this so we can have a walk around before boarding. If not then should we opt for early or late disembarkation from our current cruise on the Legend? ( We are coming back to stay in Vancouver and Victoria after the Noordam cruise. ) In Sydney we dropped off our bags as soon as we arrived and then checked in at leisure. I'd love to know what's best to do with check in at Vancouver. Thanks!

You can do that without any trouble. I would suggest waiting until the end of disembarkation to leave the ship. When you leave the ship you will clear Canadian customs, and then you can recheck your bags on your next cruise.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

HAL may not be taking luggage as early as you could get off. Try to be among the last off. Nice part is that the ships are all at Canada Place so you do not have to schlep your stuff to another terminal. Lots to see and do close to Canada Place if you don't want to get on Noordam right away.

Thanks so much for your replies! That's great advice and I'm so glad you told me as I otherwise we would have chosen to get off Carnival Legend first! One more thing should we keep our bags with us or let Carnival take them off then pick them up at baggage pick up on the pier? Thanks again.

Welcome to CC and to HAL.

I would allow Carnival to deliver your luggage to the terminal and if you are one of the last to depart, it will be very easy to spot. Every time we have started a cruise in Vancouver, luggage is accepted starting at 10:00 AM. That should be just a few minutes after you clear Canadian Customs. The luggage turn-in for HAL is just outside the exit of the terminal doors.

HAL has all of the staterooms ready when boarding starts at 11:30 AM which will allow you time to drop off your carry-on items in your stateroom and then leave the ship until the 3:15 PM Passenger Safety Drill.

Across the street from the terminal is an underground mall under the Fairmont Hotel where you will find many shops for food, forgotten items, toiletries, wine, etc.

Make sure you join the CC roll call for your cruise.

I am on the June 4 Noordam sailing out of Vancouver if you have any more questions.

Edited by Crew News