Ncl epic European cruise

gretchenemma27

There are 3 different airports around Barcelona. BCN is in the city and about 25 min from port (no traffic) the other 2 airports are over a hour away. Which one are you flying in?

We always fly in the day before. This relieves the stress of trying to make the cruise. Also you have to be on board 2 hours before departure time.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Where are you flying from?

I always prefer to fly in the day before, but if you have to fly in same day then the relatively short distance from BCN to the port plus the later departure time make it easier than many places.

I don't know what time you would be arriving at the airport, but as long as you are out of the airport by early afternoon then you should be fine.

If I was flying in same day then I would consider booking flights through NCL so they will take responsibility for any delays.

If you are flying from a distance then your biggest problem is likely to be not having time to get over the flight.

We would be flying from D.C. leaving early October 21 arriving in Barcelona on the 22nd.

In that case you should have no problem getting to the ship on time as long as there are no delays.

I just hope you are ok sleeping on the flight, as that could affect the start of the cruise.

We've done this cruise twice and it is a port intensive week. If you plan on excursions to Rome, Florence and Naples, you should expect long tiring days with little time to rest before you are up and at it again. If at all possible, fly to Barcelona at least a day or two early... avoiding the stress associated with arriving the same day and giving you some time to get some rest before you begin your wonderful cruise.

Hello all. So i am thinking of booking a cruise on the Epic out of Barcelona for my anniversary to surprise my husband. However due to previous plans we would be flying in the morning of departure. The departure time is 6pm. Will this be doable for us?

Your all aboard time is 4pm. You should plan to arrive at BCN by noonish to collect your bags, clear customs and immigration, and catch a cab to the port. Earlier would be better.

We've done this cruise twice and it is a port intensive week. If you plan on excursions to Rome, Florence and Naples, you should expect long tiring days with little time to rest before you are up and at it again. If at all possible, fly to Barcelona at least a day or two early... avoiding the stress associated with arriving the same day and giving you some time to get some rest before you begin your wonderful cruise.

Agreed ... great, but exhausting - felt like I needed a vacation from vacation toward the end ;)

Personally, I would not consider flying in the same day. When I cruise out of Europe, I always arrive several days early so I can see the port city, but even if I weren't planning that I would arrived at least one day before the cruise. It's a common occurrence for a flight to be delayed--I almost missed a ship flying in the same day and that was with a flight that was only an hour long! We had multiple delays throughout the day and almost didn't make it. That was the last time I flew in the day of!

Thank you all so much for the advice! My sister in law gets married in D.C on the 20th so I figured we could fly out very early the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just be sure to schedule down time or stay on the ship at one of the ports just to totally relax.

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you're prepared to possibly miss the ship and catch up with it at the next port. That's not to mention the jet lag, which can be a b*!ch coming from the US to Europe. The other way isn't so bad.

With that tight timeframe, I'd be looking for a sailing with a US departure.

We are doing that cruise in August but leaving from Rome on the Wednesday. That way we can fly in a few days early on the weekend and start the circuit in Rome instead. If you can spare the time, it may work. You may check into it. Just a thought.