would you rather...

bmetz34

Would you rather have a mid ship room on the main deck (deck 5), or a front room on the empress level (deck 7) right under the lounge?

I had a promotion to upgrade for free to empress but was imagining noise from the shows, so I stayed with main... are the shows over early enough gray I should have just gone with empress??

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The shows are pretty much done by 11pm in the main lounge. Unless you go to bed early I would be more concerned with noise in the morning or whenever they have rehearsals. I would probably go with the main deck though, nothing but cabins all around you for the most part.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

I would take the Empress. I have stayed forward, mid and aft on just about every deck and I really think the motion minimization aspect some claim is completely overblown. If the ship is moving you are going to feel it and while it may be slightly less mid ships it is not going to minimize it to the point there is an actual benefit.

Give me the FWD cabins on the Empress means a short walk to the Atrium where there is a nice bar and easy access to the heart of the ship.

Create your priority check off line for a cabin, ours is:

balcony/OS...midship...deck 7 (or whatever deck is somewhat equal with cabins above and below)....port side...FTTF...

Then we just check off the boxes....once you have cruised for a while I think you develop a sense of what is important to you when it comes to your cabin type and location....until then, trial and error while you are creating that list...good luck!

Create your priority check off line for a cabin, ours is:

balcony/OS...midship...deck 7 (or whatever deck is somewhat equal with cabins above and below)....port side...FTTF...

Then we just check off the boxes....once you have cruised for a while I think you develop a sense of what is important to you when it comes to your cabin type and location....until then, trial and error while you are creating that list...good luck!

I would have loved meds deck 6 but it was full. Cruise is in August so it was pretty picked over. Deck 5 mission out deck 7 front were my only choices. I have never had to choose lower than I wanted or under the noise so I don't know if either are actual issues

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't really get motion sickness, and I really don't notice the difference in movement on FWD cabins, so we actually booked forward on Empress ON PURPOSE! Being so close to the main atrium (not close enough to hear the Guest Services traffic, but close enough to get anywhere by foot) is worth it to us. While we rarely take the elevators since Empress is such a central location, being on FWD Empress means we can take the glass elevator to our room as well as the main elevators AND we can walk up to the Lido and dining easy peasy and exit the ship easy peasy.

Also, we don't go to bed early so the shows aren't an issue, actually, we are usually in the audience for the last show.

Edited by Neotericisis

When I've stayed in forward empress cabins early in my cruising history, the surprise for me was hearing the thrusters when the ship pulled into port. The noise was usually accompanied by a shaking vibration that would wake me up. The motion is more noticeable forward while sailing and increases with each deck you go up, but unless I was on a treadmill in the gym, it wouldn't bother me.

My preference is for mid ship to aft cabins, but sometimes I'll make an exception - like for a spa cabin on a Horizon 2018 cruise.

We prefer aft cabins, but I agree that the amount of motion felt is not that different unless you are going from the lowest deck to the highest. I actually like to feel it, if I didn't I would stay at a hotel on land lol...

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

I'd stay with mid. We were above the lounge on Liberty and while noise from the lounge was minimal, the ANCHOR made a huge racket banging around in it's well during some very mildly choppy seas. Only time we've been forward and probably won't book forward again!