EZ Check Luggage Problem

Momma Mojito

Is there any place downtown that will store carry-on luggage and such? Similar to Ken's Baggage at SeaTac? Some people, unfortunately, have to take a laptop for work and obviously can't send that to luggage valet. I don't think there are any public lockers, but would be willing to pay a fee for a few hours storage time.

Luggage storage at pier concierge is from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Cost is $3.00 per bag, cash only. If you need luggage storage past 3:30, the Edgewater Hotel would be your best bet. Right next to P66, $5.00/bag, unlimited hours. (Phone:206-728-7000, http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/) The number I have for the Cruise Seattle Concierge is (206) 441-6666. The prices were valid the last cruise season (2016) and are probably the same this year but I haven't checked on that lately.

NOTE: On the same subject, but a different location than Seattle, if you are coming off a cruise ship in Vancouver, B.C., you can store your luggage at "Priority Baggage" at Canada Place. They will also forward your luggage to the airport for a fee.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers
correct spelling

Luggage storage at pier concierge is from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Cost is $3.00 per bag, cash only. If you need luggage storage past 3:30, the Edgewater Hotel would be your best bet. Right next to P66, $5.00/bag, unlimited hours. (Phone:206-728-7000, http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/) The number I have for the Cruise Seattle Concierge is (206) 441-6666. The prices were valid the last cruise season (2016) and are probably the same this year but I haven't checked on that lately.

NOTE: On the same subject, but a different location than Seattle, if you are coming off a cruise ship in Vancouver, B.C., you can store your luggage at "Priority Baggage" at Canada Place. They will also forward your luggage to the airport for a fee.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Thank you!!

I just don't understand if this were the reason why they would reject us at such a late time!!

Even though Princess submits the info earlier for request it doesn't become final till 24 hours prior to flight as that is the earliest you can check in. So that may explain why they did not hear till then the night prior.

We have used EZ check quite a few times. two weeks ago we requested EZ check as our flight was not till 3 pm. We also were called to say it could not be done because our final destination was Canada. We accepted it but we have done this routing many times and done EZ Check and with the same airline so not sure why it has changed now.

We were flying FLL to Chicago then to Vancouver - only clearing customs in Vancouver. Oh well we accepted it but we were surprised how things change. Just went with the flow.

Even though Princess submits the info earlier for request it doesn't become final till 24 hours prior to flight as that is the earliest you can check in. So that may explain why they did not hear till then the night prior.

We have used EZ check quite a few times. two weeks ago we requested EZ check as our flight was not till 3 pm. We also were called to say it could not be done because our final destination was Canada. We accepted it but we have done this routing many times and done EZ Check and with the same airline so not sure why it has changed now.

We were flying FLL to Chicago then to Vancouver - only clearing customs in Vancouver. Oh well we accepted it but we were surprised how things change. Just went with the flow.

I'm glad you were at least given a reasonable answer at the time you were still on the ship,we were not. We were really happy that EZCheck was offered being that our flight wasn't until 9:45 pm and we didn't want to spend the day the airport ,Another reason that some on CC said was that we had Senior Fares and because of this, we had to physically check in at the airport. I'm still waiting to hear from Southwest and will let all of you know what their reasoning was.

I'm glad you were at least given a reasonable answer at the time you were still on the ship,we were not. We were really happy that EZCheck was offered being that our flight wasn't until 9:45 pm and we didn't want to spend the day the airport ,Another reason that some on CC said was that we had Senior Fares and because of this, we had to physically check in at the airport. I'm still waiting to hear from Southwest and will let all of you know what their reasoning was.

Nobody said you had anything of the kind..........

The question was asked ("IF you had a senior fare") as this could be a possible answer to your issue.

Nobody said you had anything of the kind..........

The question was asked ("IF you had a senior fare") as this could be a possible answer to your issue.

Keith,

Maybe I worded my responce the wrong way, I'm sorry if I did. This is what I read ( As the other responses indicated, Southwest usually does not allow passengers ticketed with senior fares (or child fares for that matter) to check in or print their boarding passes in advance; they must check in at the counter at the airport. There were no ulterior motives on the part of the member who asked.

Once I get my answer back from Southwest I'll let you all know their answer

Keith,

Maybe I worded my responce the wrong way, I'm sorry if I did. This is what I read ( As the other responses indicated, Southwest usually does not allow passengers ticketed with senior fares (or child fares for that matter) to check in or print their boarding passes in advance; they must check in at the counter at the airport. There were no ulterior motives on the part of the member who asked.

Once I get my answer back from Southwest I'll let you all know their answer

I think many of us are as perplexed as you and would love to know a more definitive answer.

I hope SW can shed some light. ;)

Among many airlines at FLL, Southwest doesn't even allow you to check in at the airport until less than 4 hours to the flight. Frontier doesn't even open their counter until arou They do have a separate area down in the luggage area that allows checkin earlier, but they really don't want your bags that soon. For a 9 PM flight the bags are going to get to the airport 11 hours before the flight..

I think many of us are as perplexed as you and would love to know a more definitive answer.

I hope SW can shed some light. ;)

Keith,

I wanted to share this email from Southwest with you that I recieved the other day. So as you can see even though Southwest offers EZcheck it's actually not their doing that we were origanally rejected. I will let all of you know as soon as I get in writing ( either from Princess or the Baggage Handlers) why we were put into this stressful situation.

Dear Elsie,

Thank you for contacting us. I wanted to speak to you personally, and I regret that I was unable to reach you by telephone. I welcome the opportunity to respond to your concerns in writing.

I was sorry to read of the issues you encountered when checking your bags to your Southwest flight from your cruise ship. After reviewing your reservation, I was unable to find any information that indicated there was an issue with your reservation that would have prevented you from receiving a boarding pass or checking baggage. Although I was able to confirm that Southwest does work with your cruise line’s third party baggage handling vendor, please note that any issues regarding this service should be referred to the cruise line or the third party vendor as Southwest Airlines is not directly affiliated with either entity and is unable to provide Customer support for their systems or policies. That being said, as we are always looking for ways to improve our operation, we have included your concerns in our monthly summary, which is distributed to Southwest Airlines’ Senior Leadership.

We look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you onboard one of our flights as your patronage is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Chad Alexander, Southwest Airlines

Keith,

I wanted to share this email from Southwest with you that I recieved the other day. So as you can see even though Southwest offers EZcheck it's actually not their doing that we were origanally rejected. I will let all of you know as soon as I get in writing ( either from Princess or the Baggage Handlers) why we were put into this stressful situation.

Dear Elsie,

Thank you for contacting us. I wanted to speak to you personally, and I regret that I was unable to reach you by telephone. I welcome the opportunity to respond to your concerns in writing.

I was sorry to read of the issues you encountered when checking your bags to your Southwest flight from your cruise ship. After reviewing your reservation, I was unable to find any information that indicated there was an issue with your reservation that would have prevented you from receiving a boarding pass or checking baggage. Although I was able to confirm that Southwest does work with your cruise line’s third party baggage handling vendor, please note that any issues regarding this service should be referred to the cruise line or the third party vendor as Southwest Airlines is not directly affiliated with either entity and is unable to provide Customer support for their systems or policies. That being said, as we are always looking for ways to improve our operation, we have included your concerns in our monthly summary, which is distributed to Southwest Airlines’ Senior Leadership.

We look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you onboard one of our flights as your patronage is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Thanks for following up Elsie, it seems to be a continuing issue with the 3rd party baggage handler involved.

You would think that SW could dig a little deeper.

So frustrating. :(

Thanks for following up Elsie, it seems to be a continuing issue with the 3rd party baggage handler involved.

You would think that SW could dig a little deeper.

So frustrating. :(

Keith,

I did receive a call today from Chad and the way he explained it to me was even though Princess offers EZ Check with Southwest, that it is not administered by Southwest Airlines. Southwest has nothing to do with how you are accepted for EZCheck. The final decision is between the baggage handlers and Princess.

Now onto a letter to Princess to see what they tell me.

Keith,

Dear Elsie,

Sincerely,

Nice letter!

Tom