CPAP/BPAP Machines

floridaheidi

XT Fit CPAP by APEX. Currently sells for $209.00 with free shipping. When I bought it, it was $189.00 plus shipping, so I guess about the same price. Google it for web-pages.

I suppose you know how to program it with all the doctor prescribed settings. Many people also have bi-paps, which are much more expensive. But they use the word CPAP universally.

I suggest caution when buying complicated required medical equipment without going through your doctor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I suppose you know how to program it with all the doctor prescribed settings. Many people also have bi-paps, which are much more expensive. But they use the word CPAP universally.

I suggest caution when buying complicated required medical equipment without going through your doctor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most places will need to contact your doctor to get the prescription before selling you the machine and they usually pre-program it to your pressure setting before shipping it.

My husband always carries on his CPAP. You really don't want to take a chance of losing it or having it damaged. That really is true of all medical equipment.

I agree!

Hubby's BiPAP is in its own separate case. Since it is medical equipment it does not count on the plane as either a carry-on or as personal item. After flying with it we carry it aboard along with our backback carryon.

XT Fit CPAP by APEX. Currently sells for $209.00 with free shipping. When I bought it, it was $189.00 plus shipping, so I guess about the same price. Google it for web-pages.

Thank you for the info.

Please please double check with your airline about your medical devices being allowed for an additional carry on. Remember it is the AMERICANS with Disabilities Act and there is no reason the rest of the world needs to comply with a rule from the US. It would be a bummer to get to the airport and find out you are not allowed that extra carry on.

It's already been stated that you can get distilled water and an extension cord for your machine, which I have done for our May cruise. My question is have guests who have previously brought their machines, have you packed it in your checked in suitcase or have your brought it in your carry-on? I would prefer packing it in my suitcase, but I also don't want it flagged and I have to go and personally pick it up at customer relations.

I no longer use by CPAP machine bur when I did (last time 2014) I carried it in its case along with my carry on and explained exactly what it was .There was never a problem.

When flying, you have two different considerations. One is carrying the device onboard. All USA airlines are required to allow a CPAP as an additional free carry-on item. Many international carriers do the same, but it is always best to check with the carrier. Some will require prior "approval" to bring it onboard. This is very much the case if your machine is battery operated.

The second consideration is on-board use. Again, check with your specific carrier. I know some airlines that allow battery powered use and some that specifically ban 110v usage. Others ban all use. Almost all require specific prior approval to operate onboard.

You also have the question of the water for the machine - many security screenings will not allow more than the 100ml size of container.

So, like almost everything related to air travel, it depends on the specifics of what you're trying to accomplish and the carrier(s) involved.