(Sort of) Live From the Westerdam!

Cindy

Hi Cindy

We are enjoying reliving our cruise through your eyes. Wonderful photos. You certainly packed a lot into those 12+ days. Thanks again for all your organization on the Roll Call and excursions.

I did fill out the survey about the missing refreshments at the Meet and Greet, even though I had sent an email the day of the M&G. We will see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, Linda. I'm having a lot of fun reliving the trip!

Hi Cindy. Thanks so much for all of your posts. I am new to HA and we are going on the same/similar itinerary in August. Can you let me know how internet works, wifi, costs? We have At&t and iPhones if that matters. Not sure if we need a SIM card or not You are able to post so many photos so I'm so curious how your data works. Thanks so much!

Edited by VictoriaSL
Incorrect wording.

Here's Corfu, Greece!

https://theworldthroughmylens.blog/2017/05/17/its-all-greek-to-me/

Hello Cindy. We are going on the Westerdam in August and I am interested in your Taxi Tour at Corfu. Did you do one of their promoted tours or did you make up your own itinerary? Plus, how long was your tour because it looks like a great day.

I note their Best of Corfu tour .... was this the one you did?

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Cindy. Thanks so much for all of your posts. I am new to HA and we are going on the same/similar itinerary in August. Can you let me know how internet works, wifi, costs? We have At&t and iPhones if that matters. Not sure if we need a SIM card or not You are able to post so many photos so I'm so curious how your data works. Thanks so much!

We did two things. On the ship, we had 2 unlimited internet packages (1 device at a time) at $149 each. The service was fast enough for email, FB, Cruise Critic, etc., but it really wasn't fast enough for lots of pictures which is why I stopped posting my blog. We didn't have cellular service on the ship -- just internet.

We also have AT&T, and we used their new International plan for one phone while we were on shore. You can sign up on the website, and for $10 per day (per device) you can use your phone as you would at home. We ended up using the phone quite a bit for maps and GPS, especially in Venice, so it was nice to be able to do that without searching for a hotspot or worrying about the cost.

Hello Cindy. We are going on the Westerdam in August and I am interested in your Taxi Tour at Corfu. Did you do one of their promoted tours or did you make up your own itinerary? Plus, how long was your tour because it looks like a great day.

I note their Best of Corfu tour .... was this the one you did?

Cheers,

Peter

We used Corfu Taxi Tours, and reserved the second tour on their list -- Paleokastritsa and Kanoni. The tour was advertised at approximately 4 hours, but ours lasted about 6! If you book, I recommend requesting Spiros 2 as your driver. He is a good friend of the owner Spiros, and we thought he was excellent. He did an outstanding job of assessing what our interests are and tailoring the day to make it perfect! Have fun!

http://www.corfutaxitours.com

We used Corfu Taxi Tours, and reserved the second tour on their list -- Paleokastritsa and Kanoni. The tour was advertised at approximately 4 hours, but ours lasted about 6! If you book, I recommend requesting Spiros 2 as your driver. He is a good friend of the owner Spiros, and we thought he was excellent. He did an outstanding job of assessing what our interests are and tailoring the day to make it perfect! Have fun!

http://www.corfutaxitours.com

My wife and I viewed your photos and immediately booked that same company for our July visit. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Cindy

What type of camera do you use? The pictures are fantastic!

Colin

Hi Colin,

Thank you! I took almost all the pictures with a Fuji XT-1 and a Fuji 18-135mm "travel" lens. I'm pleased with the pictures...this is a fairly new camera for me. I bought it to have something lighter than my Canon for the trip, but I think it's going to get a lot of use!

Thank you so much Cindy for the pictures. We are sailing on this ship in October so is very nice to see what it looks like ahead of time. Appreciate you posting these from seems like a very busy cruise. Your blog is also very nice. We will be going a few days early to Rome so was good to see your pics and also the restaurant where you had that huge calzone!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I get a lot of pleasure out of taking them and playing with them!

Cindy

Thanks so much for the info and piccies. We are travelling 16 Jun in the new deck 10 cabins so hope they are ready by then!! Can you remember the wifi package options? I can't seem to find any recent info. Do they have the unlimited package for email etc (ie not Skype)?

Alex

Cindy

Thanks so much for the info and piccies. We are travelling 16 Jun in the new deck 10 cabins so hope they are ready by then!! Can you remember the wifi package options? I can't seem to find any recent info. Do they have the unlimited package for email etc (ie not Skype)?

Alex

There are two levels of unlimited wifi. I don't remember what they're called, but we took the $149.99 package which worked for mail, Facebook, etc. but not streaming. The other (faster) package is $199.99. A package is for one device...we took 2 packages so as to both be able to be on at the same time.

There are two levels of unlimited wifi. I don't remember what they're called, but we took the $149.99 package which worked for mail, Facebook, etc. but not streaming. The other (faster) package is $199.99. A package is for one device...we took 2 packages so as to both be able to be on at the same time.

Perfect...thank you. How long was your cruise?

Curious if you got one package if you would be able to use different devices just one at a time? Thanks so much!!

Perfect...thank you. How long was your cruise?

12 nights.

Curious if you got one package if you would be able to use different devices just one at a time? Thanks so much!!

Yes, you can do it that way. We actually used 4 different devices by logging off one and onto another when we switched. We bought a second plan because I've been known to hog the internet![emoji5][emoji15]

Cindy, did your cruise go to Toulon? Do you know which terminal we dock at! I can't seem to find this information anywhere online!

No, sorry. France wasn't on our itinerary at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cindy, did your cruise go to Toulon? Do you know which terminal we dock at! I can't seem to find this information anywhere online!

Try this site:

http://www.portdetoulon.com/index.php?/fr/site_ports/contenu/informations/croisieres/calendrier_previsionnel_des_escales_croisieres_a_toulon_la_seyne_2017

It's in French but clic on the link titled "Programme des escales 2017".

It shows Westerdam docked at

24 June 2017 Fournel (Toulon waterfront) Only ship in town

11 Aug 2017 Mole Nord (La Seyne) because another ship is at Fournel

28 Sep 2017 Mole Nord (La Seyne) because another ship is at Fournel (our future cruise)