(Sort of) Live From the Westerdam!

Cindy

Ok, thank you. No more flowers in the suite? Enjoy your cruise.

We have flowers on our balcony and a flowering plant in our suite. We're in an aft corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I keep looking around the room to see if there was somewhere else it could go. Not really, given the design. There are 2 desk-type chairs or the bed you can sit on to watch tv. You can't use the couch. If you are trying to read on the couch, I find the sound of the tv quite loud. So, in answer to your question, it is what it is. Not my favourite but there doesn't seem to be an alternative.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have flowers on our balcony and a flowering plant in our suite. We're in an aft corner.

I am enjoying your posts and blog very much. We will be in an aft corner on the Westerdam in September. Reading your blog makes me look forward to our cruise even more!

thanks so much for the pictures of small suites. We have SS suite in Dec on panama canal trip and took travel agent advise to do small suite for more room however with position of couch and TV I am now doubting this decision for a 14 day trip. Those small chairs don't look comfortable. Looks like couch area could have been wall storage and use the space by bed for some type of wrap around comfortable seating. Not sure we should have spent the extra money ?? but thanks so much for posting pictures and making comments

We are in cabin 5190 aft wrap leaving Rome on September 8. We really enjoy deck 5 aft wraps on the Vista class ships. We like that it is covered, but still get sun most of the day.

We LOVE 5190 and 5191- the verandas (hard to call it a Veranda- it's more like a back yard) are the best. Those two are also the largest interior space of any of the aft wrap suites.

Tomorrow is our only sea day, and I plan to walk around with my camera and take some ship pics.

Hello Cindy,

Have you posted the ship pics on another blog because I can't find them.

We are cruising on Westerdam in a couple of months and interested in the dry dock upgrade.

Cheers

We are in cabin 5190 aft wrap leaving Rome on September 8. We really enjoy deck 5 aft wraps on the Vista class ships. We like that it is covered, but still get sun most of the day.

Please take good care of this suite for us as we will be there in October for the TA from Rome to FLL. We love the corner suites on the stern on all ships. We have been in 6177 on Westerdam in the past but really love the cover and size of the verandah in 5190..

We LOVE 5190 and 5191- the verandas (hard to call it a Veranda- it's more like a back yard) are the best. Those two are also the largest interior space of any of the aft wrap suites.

We're in 5191 and love it. There's always a spot out of the wind on the balcony. We toured with a group of 8 in Kotor, and had everyone over on our balcony for the sail away that evening. It was spectacular!

Hello Cindy,

Have you posted the ship pics on another blog because I can't find them.

We are cruising on Westerdam in a couple of months and interested in the dry dock upgrade.

Cheers

I have taken pictures, but they're not posted yet. All the photos have to be sized before I can share them either here or on my blog, so I am hopelessly behind.[emoji5] This itinerary is so port intensive I literally fall into bed after dinner and get up again the next day to do it all again. I'll get them posted as soon as I can, but right now I'm not even sure when I will find time to pack to get off the ship![emoji15]

We're in 5191 and love it. There's always a spot out of the wind on the balcony. We toured with a group of 8 in Kotor, and had everyone over on our balcony for the sail away that evening. It was spectacular!

I have taken pictures, but they're not posted yet. All the photos have to be sized before I can share them either here or on my blog, so I am hopelessly behind.[emoji5] This itinerary is so port intensive I literally fall into bed after dinner and get up again the next day to do it all again. I'll get them posted as soon as I can, but right now I'm not even sure when I will find time to pack to get off the ship![emoji15]

Just enjoy the cruise. Worry about the pictures later. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise with us. I will be boarding the westerdamn on the 24th and in your cabin !! Can't wait to sit on that balcony. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. 😀

Please take good care of this suite for us as we will be there in October for the TA from Rome to FLL. We love the corner suites on the stern on all ships. We have been in 6177 on Westerdam in the past but really love the cover and size of the verandah in 5190..

We will be on this cruise too.... see you!

Very excited to see the pictures of the suites. We just upgraded from an SY to a Neptune Suite for our upcoming June 4th cruise out of Italy. We typically opt for an upgrade to the Neptune Suite and enjoy them so much! However, this will be our first time in an upgraded room, so really looking forward to that!

Just enjoy the cruise. Worry about the pictures later. :)

Agree. OP, just enjoy the cruise.

Now that said, if there's an area, piece of artwork, change, etc that makes you go "OMFG!! :eek: " a select pic or two is appreciated. But as long as you promise to post them eventually, we'll all survive

I'm up very early with jet-lag, so I'm going through pictures on my phone. Here are a few from the redone atrium and Guest Services area on Deck 1. I thought the big screen was interesting, but right now the area seems very stark to me. Perhaps they are not done yet.

01a88129c296342375609e1505874524.jpg

fd25852f97ab0d448d982a6b3455dcf1.jpg

fb6e55ab9048d79d57ce3055fccfa5a0.jpg

7be6925555d88450416e51e78932f98b.jpg

0173cc62cd6a5c2d167c9b725f696f76.jpg

34fb1d459aff1bedbdd437682867003d.jpg

Wow. What a big change to the front desk and atrium area. I was on the crossing from Fort Lauderdale and this is really different.

Do you know what they did with the old chandelier from the atrium ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for the pictures. I agree, that atrium area looks stark and cold. Couldn't they have at least picked out some decent chairs to sit on? Those do not looking inviting---let alone comfortable. The entire area doesn't look inviting.

Maybe that's the plan? People won't want to go to the Front Desk, so the personnel won't have to deal with problems?