Alcohol for the Stateroom

cruisewithwife

I know this doesn't really answer your question but that's exactly why we simply buy a single vodka/tonic package for the week long cruise. We always are able to finish that off by the last sea day. By the way, we fly to the port so taking any leftovers is impractical. Lesson: don't over buy. :-)

RIght didn't know how that worked when coming back off the boat through customs....we will be driving so once off the boat not an issue just didn't know how it worked getting off the boat with it

Just claim it on your customs form and pack it in your suitcase. We have done it no issues ever

So I have a question if I purchase a bottle of alcohol ahead of time so it is in the room....what happens if we don't finish the whole bottle?

I never had that problem.......make friends on the last day of the cruise.

we always take our leftover bottle home with us and we have to fly - we live in Denver. No problems at all. I do take a couple large zip locks for things that may leak that we buy on boat or in port.

If you purchase a bottle for your room, are you allowed to make a drink and take it to pool? Dinner? Or basically anywhere on the ship? Cheers package is out for us. Husband only drinks beer and it wouldn't pay for him. I don't drink beer so trying to find something that is right.

If you purchase a bottle for your room, are you allowed to make a drink and take it to pool? Dinner? Or basically anywhere on the ship? Cheers package is out for us. Husband only drinks beer and it wouldn't pay for him. I don't drink beer so trying to find something that is right.

No one is going to know where the drink in your glass came from:).

Yes you can take it anywhere.

Last Carnival cruise, I purchased a couple of bottles. Took a bubba mug , filled it and took to the pool.

But we usually get a Lido deck balcony room, so not a hassle to go make another.

Yes! We'd order a couple types of liquor from the Fun Shops and we bought the Rum Runner flask set that includes three large Rum Runners and three small ones. The small ones fit in my small purse or my hubby's cargo shorts pocket. We would fill them up before we left the room and grab a soda from the bar to mix our own drinks. Worked out great! We also would fill up the larger ones to take off the ship with us if we were doing a beach day in port. We'd toss a few cans of coke in our beach bag and mix drinks right on the beach or order a mixer from the bar.

We always purchased a bottle for the room until Carnival's liquor prices went through the roof and are not ridiculous. What we finished we took home as we always drive to the ports (we live in Florida). Holland America still only charges $35-40 for a bottle of liquor for the cabin, so we still buy on Holland.

Yes! We'd order a couple types of liquor from the Fun Shops and we bought the Rum Runner flask set that includes three large Rum Runners and three small ones. The small ones fit in my small purse or my hubby's cargo shorts pocket. We would fill them up before we left the room and grab a soda from the bar to mix our own drinks. Worked out great! We also would fill up the larger ones to take off the ship with us if we were doing a beach day in port. We'd toss a few cans of coke in our beach bag and mix drinks right on the beach or order a mixer from the bar.

I find it funny that they ask you to check a statement when you buy it online that says you won't take it out of your cabin....lol as if! everyone does it even if Carnival doesn't want you to.