Live on Allure of the Seas - 4/30/17

Thanks for that Giovanni's menu. I would have been missing the risotto!

We were not impressed with the food at all. I don't think I would be able to convince hubby to try it again, even if it was free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know you have one day left, but I think it's fair to officially call your live blog a success! One question for you, I heard that mid-way through the cruise, there is an opportunity to buy a drink "punch card." Did you see or hear anything about something like that? I wasn't able to commit to the full drink package but would be interested in something like that. Thank you for giving us such a good preview.

When we were on the Allure in February it was offered on day 4. This last cruise, (1/23 to 1/30) it was offered on the last day; Saturday. And only if you were accessing on your TV, so perhaps Disney Mom didn't see it. For one day, $79 is way too much. That's my opinion of course.

Allure of the Seas and her little sister Liberty of the Seas. Two of my favourite ships!47ec4f897bd28a18c4dbabde52a707f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea!! I was totally on the liberty! Fun to have you as neighbors [emoji23]

What were the prices of pictures on the ship? Do you think it's worth it to buy the package and did they offer any packages on the ship where you get a certain number of pictures for a certain price? Not sure I'd need ALL of them!

Will you be attending or participating in The Quest game show tonight? I am interested in how Mitch does as cruise director.

And perfect timing having a port in Mexico on Cinco de Mayo. Ironically, I hear they don't really celebrate that in Mexico lol

I was on the same sailing as OP and went to The Quest (which was hilarious, of course!!). I thought Mitch did a really great job as a Cruise Director all week. He was great hosting Love & Marriage & The Quest, possibly the best I've seen of either.

And you wouldn't even know it was Cinco de Mayo in Mexico. They don't really celebrate it so it wasn't surprising, but we made sure to have a few margaritas in Sabor that night.

One question for you, I heard that mid-way through the cruise, there is an opportunity to buy a drink "punch card." Did you see or hear anything about something like that? I wasn't able to commit to the full drink package but would be interested in something like that.

I was on the same cruise as OP and saw that a drink card was offered on Day 6, I believe. 10 drinks for $79ish, if I remember correctly?

We went to the Eagle Tribute band last night - wow!! Here is a video of their Hotel California

So I have a pet peeve about shows and some fellow patrons. For the most part, cruise shows are 45 minutes or so. If you do not have the patience to sit through it, then don't go. If you do go and think you might want to/ have to leave early, then for goodness sake, do not sit in the front or even in the orchestra at all! There is nothing more annoying to fellow guests or passengers then leaving early in clear view of the band and the entire theatre. These are small venues - the band plainly sees you and it is really is rude. These performers have spent decades perfecting their act, the least you can do is commit to 45 minutes!!

Rant over...

Unless that guest required an unplanned trip to the rest room. We were on this same sailing and my daughter got hit with a stomach bug on the way back to the ship in Labadee. We overheard a lady talking on her balcony in a neighboring room that she too had been hit with severe intestinal distress around day 3. So it was definitely going around the ship.

I was on the same cruise as OP and saw that a drink card was offered on Day 6, I believe. 10 drinks for $79ish, if I remember correctly?

Same cruise here as well. We didn't see it until after turn down service on day 6. We were on the lookout for it and were disappointed it appeared so late. Yes, it was $79 for 10 drinks. We felt it was offered too late to purchase.

Same cruise here as well. We didn't see it until after turn down service on day 6. We were on the lookout for it and were disappointed it appeared so late. Yes, it was $79 for 10 drinks. We felt it was offered too late to purchase.

We purchased the drink card on Allure that just ended (April 30 to May 7). It was available on day 6. My wife and I split it and had no trouble using the 10 drinks over 2 days (we're definitely "light" drinkers, used card to primarily buy frozen drinks). Basically 2.5 drinks per person per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk