Live on Allure of the Seas - 4/30/17

This seems less than the price I am seeing in my cruise planner ... wondering if I should wait to purchase or if prices have changed. We're on board in 12 days :-). Eagerly following along.

I am on the same sailing as you and I see Voom surf and stream discounted 20%. It is showing as $14.39 per day right now. The deluxe beverage package is showing as $54 per day and includes free Voom currently.

This seems less than the price I am seeing in my cruise planner ... wondering if I should wait to purchase or if prices have changed.

You have to compare apples-apples. The VOOM you see in the cruise planner is for Stream - so compare against $17.99. Surf ($12.99 on the ship) is not available in the planner, only on the ship.

You have to compare apples-apples. The VOOM you see in the cruise planner is for Stream - so compare against $17.99. Surf ($12.99 on the ship) is not available in the planner, only on the ship.[/quote

Got it - I looked quickly and thought that was for one device versus two devices 😂 Kicking myself for not getting the package when it was $8.99😡 I'll need to better review the differences between surf and surf and stream.

Thanks again for the detailed review :cool:

Very excited about this review because we board the Allure on Sunday!! Our first time on any Oasis class ship [emoji44] Did you notice if there are D+ discounts onboard for any drink packages? Specifically the Refreshment? Enjoy your cruise! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, ckrobyn! You probably do not remember me, but my husband, Danny, and I were on the Adventure with you in February of 2014 out of San Juan. That was the cruise when you were upgraded to the Presidential Suite. We were so appreciative of your generous hospitality when you opened your suite to our CC M&M group for an open house. Sadly, though, I lost Danny this past August to brain cancer. So, my daughter and I will be sailing on the Allure this August as a memorial cruise to Danny who loved cruising so much. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you, again, how much we enjoyed meeting you and your family and how much we were truly grateful for your gracious hospitality. Enjoy your cruise on the Allure next week. My daughter and I are certainly looking forward to ours, even though it will be somewhat bittersweet.

Hey, ckrobyn! You probably do not remember me, but my husband, Danny, and I were on the Adventure with you in February of 2014 out of San Juan. That was the cruise when you were upgraded to the Presidential Suite. We were so appreciative of your generous hospitality when you opened your suite to our CC M&M group for an open house. Sadly, though, I lost Danny this past August to brain cancer. So, my daughter and I will be sailing on the Allure this August as a memorial cruise to Danny who loved cruising so much. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you, again, how much we enjoyed meeting you and your family and how much we were truly grateful for your gracious hospitality. Enjoy your cruise on the Allure next week. My daughter and I are certainly looking forward to ours, even though it will be somewhat bittersweet.

Hi there! Thank you so much for reaching out, and I do remember you! :)

Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your husband.....My heart goes out to you and your daughter....

I loved the Royal Suite experience on the Adventure, and so glad I was able to share it with about 40 of my closest Cruise Critic roll call friends!

We are excited about boarding the Allure on Sunday - I will be reporting LIVE, so feel free to follow along! ;)

Hi we cruise Sunday too. Loving the review thank you. Have you been eating dinner in WJ? How is it? What did thy have last night for formal?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Have been eating in WJ for dinner.

They had beef Wellington last night which hubby had and he thought it was delicious. It was too rare for me so I did not have any.

I have to say skipping the MDR is making us feel less full and more comfortable! I am asucker for appetizers so maybe I am better off sticking to buffets

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Beautiful day on Labadee today!

I have extended family visiting the other side of the Island this week -

They are in the Dominican Republic in Punta Cana. My aunt just had a stroke on Thursday and she was supposed to be on the DR trip as well but obviously did not make her trip. We all decided to keep with our travel plans as that is what she would have wanted. Cheers Fran!! Xoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Forumsa27aab17a960ceaa41f46f6c1e3b7621.jpg3514ee2dab9a052122059dca5296ba13.jpg

Caught Mamma Mia tonight - very talented cast! The gent who played Old Deuteronomy in Cats on the Oasis was one of the Dads. Loved it!!

e9b6487d02ee2cc42b11faef40908cd3.jpg377d226a72d6f79cc6348398a8722182.jpg

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Hi there! Thank you so much for reaching out, and I do remember you! :)

Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your husband.....My heart goes out to you and your daughter....

I loved the Royal Suite experience on the Adventure, and so glad I was able to share it with about 40 of my closest Cruise Critic roll call friends!

We are excited about boarding the Allure on Sunday - I will be reporting LIVE, so feel free to follow along! ;)

CKROBYN- I will be on Allure 5/21 so I def will be following ur Live posts. [emoji4][emoji907][emoji924]

CKROBYN- I will be on Allure 5/21 so I def will be following ur Live posts. [emoji4][emoji907][emoji924]

Awesome! I'll be starting the thread tomorrow .....but in the meantime, I'm really enjoying this Live Review! [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

I'm curious if these prices include gratuity or is it 18% on top of the $64 listed here?

Those prices look like they already include the gratuity. Was that flyer from a ship cruising out of Europe or Australia?

Those prices look like they already include the gratuity. Was that flyer from a ship cruising out of Europe or Australia?

If they are doing the 30% off for D+ then it works out cheaper than prepurchasing with the 20% discounts often offered.

I assumed it was allure this week?

If they add 18% gratuity to the $64, then that would be the highest price I've seen for that package since they renamed the packages.

If they add 18% gratuity to the $64, then that would be the highest price I've seen for that package since they renamed the packages.

That's what I was thinking. But if it is $64 out the door then the 30% D+ discount isn't too bad and certainly lower than the precruise price for my trip. Might be just low enough to entice me.

That's what I was thinking. But if it is $64 out the door then the 30% D+ discount isn't too bad and certainly lower than the precruise price for my trip. Might be just low enough to entice me.

I agree, so far I've not seen any pre-cruise sale that exceeds the 30% D+ discount that you get onboard.

I'm curious if these prices include gratuity or is it 18% on top of the $64 listed here?

Does anyone know if the $64 on board price for the deluxe package includes the tips or is it $64 + tips on top of that? Thanks to anyone that can ask while onboard.