Just back 4/22 Summit

jakzak10

We were on this cruise as well. It was our first time on Celebrity. We were very impressed with the food. I did take issue with the water glasses in the MDR. In one sitting the glass slipped from my hand and spilled all over the table. The next night they gave me a stemmed water glass. Thoughtful.

Maybe you should have asked for a Sippy Cup.

We last sailed to Bermuda last August on the Summit. Most people did dress up- not jeans- Saw men in shirts, ties, slacks and some with or without jackets- even some more formally dressed- with shoes- didin't see sneakers. Ladies wore what I would term cocktail attire- some slacks and fancy tops, others dresses or skirts- saw a few long dresses also.

I would suggest that you bring comfortable clothes and slacks - save the jeans for other nights. However it is your cruise- but you asked for opinions. We will be sailing again this August on the Summit and will bring country club aka cocktail party attire for the formal nights- and more casual attire for the other evenings.

Enjoy

Ours was the same experience on Summit last August.

Maybe you should have asked for a Sippy Cup.

Funny you should say that our travel companions brought one of the closed cups with a straw the next night. Would have been funny except I got caught on the tablecloth trying to get into the chair and nearly pulled the entire table setting off. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We last sailed to Bermuda last August on the Summit. Most people did dress up- not jeans- Saw men in shirts, ties, slacks and some with or without jackets- even some more formally dressed- with shoes- didin't see sneakers. Ladies wore what I would term cocktail attire- some slacks and fancy tops, others dresses or skirts- saw a few long dresses also.

I would suggest that you bring comfortable clothes and slacks - save the jeans for other nights. However it is your cruise- but you asked for opinions. We will be sailing again this August on the Summit and will bring country club aka cocktail party attire for the formal nights- and more casual attire for the other evenings.

Enjoy

Ill be on Summit in July. IMO, it's better to be over dressed than under. Sounds like you and I pack in the same way!

Just returned today from the Summit, will work on a full report but if anyone has any questions please ask.

Alan

I read a few references to a 70's or disco night on the Summit. Are you aware of such a thing?

Thanks.

Sherry

Alan you will love the 11th floor! Easy access to blu, the oceanview and most important the sunset bar. It was nice meeting you guys thinking about doing the 2018 myself great group of passengers.

I read a few references to a 70's or disco night on the Summit. Are you aware of such a thing?

Thanks.

Sherry

Maybe your thinking of the silent disco. We had this hysterical event on the Infinity in October. If it hadn't been for a younger couple we met in Luminae, we never would have dreamed of participating.

Picture participants with head sets all listening to and dancing to one of four possible channels of music spun by a dj.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ill be on Summit in July. IMO, it's better to be over dressed than under. Sounds like you and I pack in the same way!

I wear jeans every night on Summit. Don't let the fashion police affect how you feel comfortable. If you want to dress up, by all means do it. If you want to wear jeans and a nice shirt or top, you will not feel out of place either.

I wear jeans every night on Summit. Don't let the fashion police affect how you feel comfortable. If you want to dress up, by all means do it. If you want to wear jeans and a nice shirt or top, you will not feel out of place either.

Dark jeans are fine on Evening Chic and on a Bermuda cruise there are few passengers dressing on the formal end of the spectrum.

Dark jeans are fine on Evening Chic and on a Bermuda cruise there are few passengers dressing on the formal end of the spectrum.

I am on Summit now, and I can most assuredly say that it is the most casually dressed crowd I have ever seen. On the "evening chic" night some people were a little more dressed up, but not that many, and no one felt out of place, to be sure.

I am on Summit now, and I can most assuredly say that it is the most casually dressed crowd I have ever seen. On the "evening chic" night some people were a little more dressed up, but not that many, and no one felt out of place, to be sure.

Enjoy your cruise!

Your TA is mistaken. Simply call the Captain's Club at 800-760-0654BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII= with your Crown and Anchor number handy and they will enroll you with a Captain's Club number at the equivalent level, (Diamond = Elite).

Happy Sailings!

Pat

Well, I have some clarification on this...my TA called the Captain's Club representative again today and was told that the "reciprocity" between Celebrity and Royal Caribbean loyalty membership status applies to Platinum and Higher. Sad to say that is not us...yet! Hopefully it will be some day. Thanks anyway.

Reciprocity is Elite on Celebrity in order to get Diamond benefits on Royal. Diamond on Royal to get Elite on Celebrity You need to enroll in both Call celebrity's captain 's club yourself.

Platinum on Royal gets Select reciprocity on Celebrity.

We did Summit Bermuda May 8, 2016. Aqua 1 1140, best cabin on the ship. Got a Mother's Day $75 for two Prem Drink Package upgrade!!! Drinking the good stuff was fun.

That cabin is not so great though when Summit and Breakaway are docked butt to butt.

Good to hear from you. I hope you enjoyed the repo. I hope to exchange thoughts when I get back.

I enjoyed the repo! Was thrilled to have Captain Kate on board. Everything was smooth sailing. No complaints. The crew was the best ever! We will compare notes when you get back. Have some Bermuda fish chowder and rum cake on my behalf too.;)

We did Summit Bermuda May 8, 2016. Aqua 1 1140, best cabin on the ship. Got a Mother's Day $75 for two Prem Drink Package upgrade!!! Drinking the good stuff was fun.

32347225484_a3c0790b64_b.jpg

32330066244_67a5b73725_b.jpg

32410306943_0de5a8b1ae_b.jpg

32993641182_a7c451ae75_b.jpg

CaptDave

THAT was my cabin on the repo. Loved it!

I enjoyed the repo! Was thrilled to have Captain Kate on board. Everything was smooth sailing. No complaints. The crew was the best ever! We will compare notes when you get back. Have some Bermuda fish chowder and rum cake on my behalf too.;)

Will do! Too bad Capt Kate won't be at the helm. Would have loved to meet her.