Just back 4/22 Summit

jakzak10

That cabin is not so great though when Summit and Breakaway are docked butt to butt.

Sorry but that is absolutely not right! We were docked butt to butt and it was great. There was a huge distance between the ships and the view was not at all blocked by Breakaway's aft.

Sorry but that is absolutely not right! We were docked butt to butt and it was great. There was a huge distance between the ships and the view was not at all blocked by Breakaway's aft.

Glad you had no problem with it but others have reported otherwise. Not the view but the noise and lights.

Glad you had no problem with it but others have reported otherwise. Not the view but the noise and lights.

We had no problem with the noise or lights. Could not hear the music from Spice H2O. It is too far out. And no problems with the lights at all. And this is posted from my own experience not from reading others reports. You should try it yourself and let us know what you thought of it.

We had no problem with the noise or lights. Could not hear the music from Spice H2O. It is too far out. And no problems with the lights at all. And this is posted from my own experience not from reading others reports. You should try it yourself and let us know what you thought of it.

We were also in an aft cabin and had no problems with noise or lights. The only time we even noticed the lights was when we were all the way at the rail of the balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was also on this cruise where we were docked back to back. The noise and the lights were definitely a problem in the penthouse. There were two spotlights on the back of the Breakaway aimed directly at us. And the noise was intrusive.

I am on Summit now, and I can most assuredly say that it is the most casually dressed crowd I have ever seen. On the "evening chic" night some people were a little more dressed up, but not that many, and no one felt out of place, to be sure.

My husband wants to wear "Bermudian" style men's wear at dinner. Jacket with shorts and knee-high socks with hard shoes. Have you seen anyone is this attire?

My husband wants to wear "Bermudian" style men's wear at dinner. Jacket with shorts and knee-high socks with hard shoes. Have you seen anyone is this attire?

Never saw any passengers dress like that or try to dress like that to dinner on 13 cruises to Bermuda. Last three were on Summit. I have seen men turned away from entering the dining room in the evening wearing shorts, non Bermudian style on Celebrity. I think it would be odd for a non Bermudian to try to dress Bermudian style to dinner.

Actually yes, Chris the local from Bermuda who was the guest lecturer on this (repo) cruise was dressed like that the couple of times that I saw him. Before, I have seen maybe two or three men dressed up in Bermudian flare. And once a whole group (wedding party). So it is not uncommon.

This sounds like a great idea to me. I never saw anybody dressed like that in the dining room, but, even though it may violate the literal rules, I would think you could get special dispensation to allow it, especially if the shorts are Bermuda shorts.

This sounds like a great idea to me. I never saw anybody dressed like that in the dining room, but, even though it may violate the literal rules, I would think you could get special dispensation to allow it, especially if the shorts are Bermuda shorts.

Thanks. We've travelled to Bermuda before, by air, and he always looks forward to the opportunity to dress like this when we go to dinner. We've read the rule about shorts in the dining rooms, but I would also hope Celebrity might be more accepting of the more formal appearance especially on a Bermuda cruise. It'll be worth a try!

Our son just went to Bermuda last week on the breakaway. Said weather cool. If you can consider going mid june

Also bermuda style would be fine have seen men in kilts on chic night

Hi Cruise a Holic! We're on the same Aug cruise. Be sure to look for my husband in his Bermudian attire!

What kind of music was on board? My husband and I enjoy listening to music on RCCL and are hoping for some good sounds on Celebrity.

There was a violin duo, who were fantastic.

The guitar girl, I had to cover my ears, sorry, this is strictly my opinion, so don't judge from it.

and another guy whose name I cannot remember but he was pretty entertaining.