ms Nieuw Amsterdam & ms Eurodam in Juneau May 1, 2017

Scrapnana

What is the metal structure is that the dock? Doesn't look like anyplace to walk.

Pardon my ignorance this is the first time I'm seeing the Juneau webcam.

Edit to add...Ok now I can see it. Sorry

What is the metal structure is that the dock? Doesn't look like anyplace to walk.

Pardon my ignorance this is the first time I'm seeing the Juneau webcam.

Edit to add...Ok now I can see it. Sorry

Glad you are joining us! Here is a picture from above that makes it easier to see.

c5353385992750cd49ef08f3e8a7d271.jpg

Glad you are joining us! Here is a picture from above that makes it easier to see.

c5353385992750cd49ef08f3e8a7d271.jpg

That definitely helps to put it in perspective! Thank you!

I'm really enjoying this. I have to pack a flag to wave to you all from our balcony next week. We're in room 5126 so we will be facing the camera if we dock at the same location.

Used my external speaker for the first time so I am hearing whet they are saying. It sounds they are assisting the ships docking. Are the same people guiding the planes in? I guess I am asking who exactly are these people on the radio?

Used my external speaker for the first time so I am hearing whet they are saying. It sounds they are assisting the ships docking. Are the same people guiding the planes in? I guess I am asking who exactly are these people on the radio?

When Copper 10-8 gets back from his cruise [working], he could probably tell you. He would be the person to ask when he joins us on these Juneau threads.

Listening to the radio traffic during the Eurodam docking it was mentioned that a subcontractor is late in getting the work completed.

It must be something on the land side of it because I haven't seen anyone doing work on the dock itself.

Whats the Eurodam doing moored down in the boondocks ? I hope that this is only a temporary placement. I thought that the new dock was completed ?

According to the schedule, it is only for this week. It will be at the new docks next week.

http://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Juneau-JNU-2017.pdf

On April 7th the schedule showed the Eurodam at ASD:

2dazlw8.gif

I have a feeling it may change for next week too; we overheard a conversation on the radio that it wasn't completely done but could not make out what wasn't finished.

Correct.

Thank you for confirming this.

Quite a walk to the float planes from where the Eurodam is docked. And, not too shabby from where the Nieuw Amsterdam is docked, either.

I am trying to decide upon a float plane trip to Taku Lodge from Juneau and have lots of concerns whether this is realistic for me to try to do.

On April 7th the schedule showed the Eurodam at ASD:

2dazlw8.gif

I have a feeling it may change for next week too; we overheard a conversation on the radio that it wasn't completely done but could not make out what wasn't finished.

I did wonder if there had been a change in the written schedule. I didn't remember AJ dock being mentioned before. Next week the Jewel will not have left that dock until 13:30. I wonder if the Eurodam will have to tender?