Duty free perfumes on Jade

Not a clue about that one in particular, but it's probably cheaper on Amazon. They tout their prices being the lowest while you're on the ship and can't really feasibly do any comparison shopping, but they've always been more expensive on anything I've bothered to check on (especially watches and jewelry) once I got off the ship at home. My wife fell in love with a perfume on there that was $80, then I found it for $55 on Amazon.

Thanks. I did see a bit of a saving on a Dior perfume on a previous P and O cruise, but not as good as airport duty free shops.

I'll make a note of prices before I sail, just in case I see a bargain, but not expect anything. Alcohol is always stupidly expensive compared with local supermarket deals.

As said, we haven't really seen the prices to be that great on the ship. We've even seen on the Spirit where the last day they had a 10% off day only to have marked everything up the night before.

• 3 weeks later...

Update after our return.

No Elie Saab, but a good selection of perfumes. My brain wasn't up to working out whether there were any savings, because everything is priced in dollars, but I could have done a price comparison on the internet if I'd seen anything I wanted.

I don't take cruises to buy stuff! However, if I was planning to buy some perfume anyway, and I could save some money by buying it at a saving while I was on a ship or in an airport duty free shop, makes perfect sense to me! Simple sensible economics!