Half of B2B cancelled - RCCL not helping!

When you book a B2B the two reservations are linked, but they are two separate cruises. You do receive separate invoices but they will look like this. I took the amounts off.

First cruise invoice:

Total Charges Cruise 1

Amount Paid Cruise 1

Balance Due Cruise 1

Second cruise invoice:

Total Charges Cruise 2

Amount Paid Cruise 2

Balance Due Cruise 2

Total Charges Cruise 2

Total Charges Cruise 1

Total Charges All Sailings

Never seen an invoice like that for a B2B, are you sure that's not a TA's invoice

We only do multiple cruises at a time, and our Confirmation Invoices from RCI always look like the above.

Not I f they are in final penalty phase. Cruise are all sold as individual trips. I know people who book 4 and 5 in a row. They are each considered a separate trip and thus cannot be treated as one item. Every one will have its' own booking number.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

These cruises are in Feb.

Feel the OPs pain. was booked on AoS 13 Jan in the perfect location Junior Suite. call the day of the email and after hold for over 2 hours I was only able to snag one of the last 3 JS avaliable on price protected Jewel sailings a week later, even considered moving up GS on other dates and none avalible. cost of new bookings were up 40% from what we paid. had booked air when first released and that was up almost $200 also. so although not happy we made do.

I understand that the hurricane last Dec prevented the dry dock from proper completion and that this was the reschedule that was required

Feel the OPs pain. was booked on AoS 13 Jan in the perfect location Junior Suite. call the day of the email and after hold for over 2 hours I was only able to snag one of the last 3 JS avaliable on price protected Jewel sailings a week later, even considered moving up GS on other dates and none avalible. cost of new bookings were up 40% from what we paid. had booked air when first released and that was up almost $200 also. so although not happy we made do.

I understand that the hurricane last Dec prevented the dry dock from proper completion and that this was the reschedule that was required

Good point, the price protected sailings are filling up fast, so I hope there is still something available for us on our preferred sailings when we get it sorted out.

That said, I am optimistic that Royal Caribbean will support us on this one, after hearing many other people's stories around how the company has come through for them!

We had this happen to us on a reserved b2b. We were able to connect it with another cruise but also would have a day in between. Because they caused the problem they did cover the hotel for a night between the two cruises and all transfers back and forth to the port. So maybe you can ask for something like that if it will work for you. Good Luck and enjoy whatever you settle on.

We had this happen to us on a reserved b2b. We were able to connect it with another cruise but also would have a day in between. Because they caused the problem they did cover the hotel for a night between the two cruises and all transfers back and forth to the port. So maybe you can ask for something like that if it will work for you. Good Luck and enjoy whatever you settle on.

Thanks so much for the information, this is really great to hear!

I didn't have a B2B cancelled but last year they canceled our cruise a month before due to dry docking taking longer than expected. We had already had airfare, etc.. so we switched to a different ship which was one less night so we needed another night in a hotel. They put us in a top of the line hotel in Miami and not only covered the one night but covered BOTH nights and we received so much onboard credit the trip was practically free.

Ask for what you want. The worse they can say is no. Then just have what you are willing to accept. I'm glad I didn't just take their first offer, or 3rd because they thought what they were offering was fine. It wasn't. My TA went back and forth several times until we all agreed what was fair.

I assume that you did not purchase airline tickets through Royal Caribbean; I think they would have been much more accommodating if they had sold the tickets. Nevertheless, Royal Caribbean might be willing to make some accommodation in regards to the airline change fee if you decided to take the February 12 one-way cruise from Miami to San Juan. You would lose 2 days of cruising but the rates for that February 12 cruise are very low right now; $798 pp (+taxes) for a balcony or $1,098 for a JS. While I do not know how much you paid originally, based on today's rates those are savings of about 50% over the cost of a 7 day cruise for a cruise that is only 29% shorter.

I assume that you did not purchase airline tickets through Royal Caribbean; I think they would have been much more accommodating if they had sold the tickets. Nevertheless, Royal Caribbean might be willing to make some accommodation in regards to the airline change fee if you decided to take the February 12 one-way cruise from Miami to San Juan. You would lose 2 days of cruising but the rates for that February 12 cruise are very low right now; $798 pp (+taxes) for a balcony or $1,098 for a JS. While I do not know how much you paid originally, based on today's rates those are savings of about 50% over the cost of a 7 day cruise for a cruise that is only 29% shorter.
What ship is doing this??

Not I f they are in final penalty phase. Cruise are all sold as individual trips. I know people who book 4 and 5 in a row. They are each considered a separate trip and thus cannot be treated as one item. Every one will have its' own booking number.

They are not in the final penalty phase. Trip is in Feb 2018.

Brutal! Royal's executive offices have confirmed that they are not willing to do anything to accommodate us, despite this being due to their change.

A full refund was the best he could offer.

I don't want a refund. I just want my vacation, without having to incur extra costs due to THEIR schedule change!

I am shocked at the lack of customer service. It's very disappointing. 😣

:')So sorry they are not stepping up and remedying their actions. I do not remember and not really interested in going back to find out but did you book thru travel agent? We had our agent get our remedy. I agree I would copy this entire thread and send it to them. Let them know people are watching and customer service is all they have to differ themselves from other mass market cruise lines.

Good idea guys.

We did book through a travel agent. We are limited to dates and are travelling with others as well. Working with our travel agent to determine other options, but so far, all roads lead to additional cost on our end.

I can safely say that Royal is going to be tagged in some upcoming posts about awful customer care!

This happened to us on Rhapsody last year. The second and third legs of a B3B were cancelled. We could not get any resolution on the first leg. Got lucky and cobbled a voyage together on our own.

I seem to recall this has been discussed before when a ship was chartered and it was in the middle of a consecutive arrangement. Don't recall the resolution

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You all do know that more than likely your correspondence never reach the President or CEO, right?

Not correct. I have emailed the current CEO and his predecessor on multiple occasions. Received response emails directly from them and phone calls from their executive assistants.

This is for a cruise a year out if I remember the date given earlier. Too early to even have made Flight reservations. These things happen and you have more than enough notice to deal with it. JMHO

This is for a cruise a year out if I remember the date given earlier. Too early to even have made Flight reservations. These things happen and you have more than enough notice to deal with it. JMHO

Actually, it is for 10 months out and yes, my flights were booked.

Brutal! Royal's executive offices have confirmed that they are not willing to do anything to accommodate us, despite this being due to their change.

A full refund was the best he could offer.

I don't want a refund. I just want my vacation, without having to incur extra costs due to THEIR schedule change!

I am shocked at the lack of customer service. It's very disappointing. 😣

Good to hear they stand their grounds. It´s all too often when we read contacting corporate Office makes Things happen. They should stand their grounds much more often.(y)