Princess Cruises

licram

For us really old folks, is a "Peanut Butter Bar" a specialty shop offering different items made with peanut butter, or is it a candy bar.

If it is the former, can you provide more details as to what is available? My bet is that Mrs. XBGuy would be very interested.

I hope there is something else beside peanut butter sandwiches!!!!!!!!!! I hate peanut butter. And peanut butter and jelly????? I suppose you also put it on a beautiful scone along with the strawberry jam and clotted cream!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut butter, but not peanut butter sandwiches. Peanut butter on a toasted bagel, yes. Peanut butter cookies -yum. Lots of things with peanut butter, must has to be crunchy. Do not like creamy peanut butter.

Sounds like the first step in the buffets having only: peanut butter sandwiches, wieners & beans and macaroni... all else will be 'upcharge'. :(

EDIT: Oh...I forgot.. jello will still be free. ;p

Edited by Bill B

Not sure if this thread is a joke or not, but hey, for many of us, peanut butter sandwiches are a staple of our plain, drab, everyday life, not something we dream about when we are on vacation and food choices abound. Not saying peanut butter is bad, but I can have that any day, any time. I want things not stockpiled in my cupboard.

Don

I used to make peanut butter, sliced dill pickles and shaved carrot sandwiches. :eek: Try it... you might be surprised. :D

Are dills and shaved carrots available at the peanut butter bar?

I used to make peanut butter, sliced dill pickles and shaved carrot sandwiches. :eek: Try it... you might be surprised. :D

Are dills and shaved carrots available at the peanut butter bar?

Hmmmmm, sounds interesting. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds like the first step in the buffets having only: peanut butter sandwiches, wieners & beans and macaroni... all else will be 'upcharge'. :(

EDIT: Oh...I forgot.. jello will still be free. ;p

Well, as long as the jello's still free it's okay! :p

Not sure if this thread is a joke or not, but hey, for many of us, peanut butter sandwiches are a staple of our plain, drab, everyday life, not something we dream about when we are on vacation and food choices abound. Not saying peanut butter is bad, but I can have that any day, any time. I want things not stockpiled in my cupboard.

Don

I know what you mean, Mud, and I can't say that I disagree. However, for almost every meal in any venue, the ingredients are readily available either in the cupboard, fridge, freezer or the grocery. The draw for me is not having to prepare it. I will always make an exception for a peanut butter something.

I'm actually surprised that Princess decided to do this. Given the number of people who have severe peanut allergies none of them will be able to go to the buffet anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand they are going to be adding another specialty area to the buffets for a nominal fee - the Baloney Bar. :rolleyes:

You bring back fond memories of a nice piece of bologna frying in the pan with the eggs. Cooked in bacon grease and served with defibrillators, of course.