Leaving out of SF, least expensive way to park car

lbfluffy

We are driving up from central CA. We will be going to Hawaii for 15 days. What is the best way to leave our car. My husband said maybe try enterprise then drop of in SF and pick up when we disembark and drop it off in our town. Just trying to find the cheapest route.

I did a search on this board (even found that you had posted on several of the threads I found) on parking, and read probably 10 threads. The average seemed to be $18-20 per day. So you need to compare the cost of your rental, versus the cost of parking.

Search is your friend.

Yes we parked at the pier last year on our 10 day. However now we are on a 15 day. And I think the cost went up. I've looked at hotels and they are high. Just checking to see what others have done.

We paid $15 a day at 55 Francisco in Oct.

80 Francisco has parking, too.

Even if it is $20 per day, $300 to park, it is still cheaper than having to fly somewhere and pay for two airline tix and or a hotel room.

The only other thing I would suggest is driving to a BART station and parking there and then BARTing in.

You pre-pay to Select a Spot, which you can link through the Bart

Site, and the charge is $7 per day on weekdays and no charge for weekends and holidays. You need to be there before 10 am before all the spots are taken on a weekday. You park in the permit-only sections. We always park at the Pleasant Hill or Walnut Creek stations, and you must pre-reserve and don't always get your choice of station.

We parked there for 20 days when we went to Europe.

We've parked at Bart numerous times over the last 5 years with no problem!

Also, I recommend driving your oldest, rattiest vehicle, like we do, as we've had our car stolen once from Orinda Bart (not during a vacation, but during a day trip 20 years ago)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

We are driving up from central CA. We will be going to Hawaii for 15 days. What is the best way to leave our car. My husband said maybe try enterprise then drop of in SF and pick up when we disembark and drop it off in our town. Just trying to find the cheapest route.

Have you found a cheap place to park?

• 4 weeks later...