Specialty Dining packages

beloum

This is our first time on Celebrity. Was looking at the specialty dining packages as listed on the website. It mentions that packages must be purchased at least 2 days prior to boarding. Can the packages not be purchased on the ship? Also, if anyone could provide prices for each of the venues it would be much appreciated. Thank you

This is our first time on Celebrity. Was looking at the specialty dining packages as listed on the website. It mentions that packages must be purchased at least 2 days prior to boarding. Can the packages not be purchased on the ship? Also, if anyone could provide prices for each of the venues it would be much appreciated. Thank you

First of all, IMO well worth trying all of the specialty restaurants. You didn't say which ship you are sailing on. The M class ships have Tuscan Grill, Qsine and either Bistro on five or if it has been changed to Sushi on five. I recommend trying Tuscan and Qsine at least once per cruise. If you are on the Solstice class ships, you also have more options. Our favorite restaurants are on the Silhouette or Reflection. They also have the lawn grill which is excellent our favorite celebrity venue. I suggest you purchase a package which will give you an opportunity to dine in at least each specialty restaurant at least once per cruise. The dining rooms are ok, MDR, Blu or Lumine but IMO not nearly as good as the specialty restaurants. Best to purchase in advance as you get the choice of time you want. Enjoy!

You didn't mention ship, sail date or itinerary, which can make a difference to choice, bookings and availability. Generally there are discounts for the restaurants once on board that are offered which can be better than the package prices, especially if you can be flexible about your dining time. We've generally taken advantage of these in the past, especially before X changed the OBC policy. Previously you couldn't use OBC prior to boarding like you can now. The M-class ships have done away with the Ocean Liners restaurants which were like Murano with the same menu. When sailing those ships we will be skipping the specialties. We especially enjoy Murano and for us, it's the only specialty worth the money. Others have different preferences. If you are new to X, the others may be worth trying and make up you own minds. If trying Qsine, it's best to go with a larger group to be able to sample more things. It's main attraction (again our opinion) is the quirky presentations. We haven't sailed on Sillhouette or Reflection yet, but are looking forward to trying Lawn Club on our next 2 X cruises.

You can most definitely purchase them on the ship and I would suggest you do unless they are offering an even bigger discount off the package price on your sailing. You can oftentimes get single restaurants discounts onboard and they will also have the packages available. Recently, we sailed on the Equinox and a 4 dinner package ran $129 pp making each dinner around $32 pp. The packages used to only be good for one meal at each but now you can visit the restaurant(s) of your choice using the package.

For instance, the restaurants on the Equinox are as follows if purchased separately:

- Murano: $50 pp

- Tuscan Grille: $45 pp (maybe $50 but think it might still be $45)

- Silk Harvest: $35 pp (you can almost always get a discounted price here)

- Sushi on Five: priced ala carte (I won't compare the value of this to what you get at the other full service restaurants so wouldn't use it for this)

There are also items in the Gastro Bar where it is priced per menu option.

Murano is, by far, the most popular and although you could see discounted pricing available, if their reservations fill up fast, you may not see this. It is a wonderful experience. They also offer lunch here occasionally at a cost of $30 pp. and is equally as good. It is a French restaurant with table side preparation for certain dishes. Go here very hungry!!

Tuscan Grille, an Italian steakhouse, is not my favorite (I don't eat red meat, though) is probably the second most popular restaurant onboard and a little more casual than Murano. The aft views from this restaurant are amazing!!! So, if you are lucky enough to get a table by the window, it would be well worth it for that alone.

Silk Harvest, which I love, is the most casual of these 3 specialty restaurants and is served family style. It offers Asian Fusion cuisine. It is very possible to get a decent discount for this once onboard if you don't already have the package.

I can't speak for the Sushi on Five (Bistro on Five) as I don't eat sushi but my neighbor went and really liked it. She is rather picky to boot. I couldn't tell you the costs but as mentioned, it wouldn't be worth it for me to use one of my dinner packages here as I would probably only get the soup.

Hope this helps. I only spoke of the Equinox, which would also apply to the Solstice. Other ships have different offerings.

Thanks for the information. We are on the Equinox sailing in Sept. Was looking at probably 2 nights for the specialty dining. Once in Tuscan Grille and one night in Murano. Just trying to decide if it would be better to get the package or just hope for snagging a discount on board. Thanks again

Thanks for the information. We are on the Equinox sailing in Sept. Was looking at probably 2 nights for the specialty dining. Once in Tuscan Grille and one night in Murano. Just trying to decide if it would be better to get the package or just hope for snagging a discount on board. Thanks again

What about Qsine? You may want to purchase a 3 pack. I guess you can always purchase one while on board the ship. They don't often sell out.