New promo by NCL

bonniboo1

I booked on April 5th (for a December cruise), Then a few days later NCL started the promotion, so of course I called. Price stayed the same, but I saved $153.00 on taxes/port charges/fees. It worked for me.

Our 14 day Western Caribbean out of NYC went up significantly when that promo started...so it was not worth rebooking to get it for us. Our original price along with all the bonuses we got ends up being far better.

Not a true savings at least in our case, i mocked a re-booking of our upcoming cruise in January, and although there is no tax cost, they increased the cost of the cabin to cover it, similar to what RCCL does.

In our case it was only a few dollars difference not worth my time on the phone really.

I checked my December cruise. I would have saved $120 dollars and gotten $100 onboard credit. Downside would be losing the double early booking points, due to booking before they changed the latitudes program. 7 latitudes points are more important to me than $220 in savings. I decided to keep my reservation unchanged.

I noticed that there was a New promo where NCL pays your taxes and port fees. Do you know if this is a true savings or of the cruise price was raised and the bottom line is the same? Thank you.

This is the same promo they were running a couple of weeks ago. Brought it back (probably sold a lot of cruises under the promotion).

Prices fluctuate based on demand for the cruise. Like any travel-based item, NCL based prices based on a yield management algorithm which maximizes sales based on demand. Airlines, hotels, theme parks, they all do it.